Wyoming White stopped eating...

wooboodoo

the ART of modern REEF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just noticed one of my little buddies stop eating, he (I'm guessing cause is smaller then the other one) is alone close to the gravel, swimming slowly and absolutely don't want to touch any food. Three days ago he eat well brine shrimps but today nothing! Should I worry or maybe is his bad day?

Thanks for any suggestions.
mark

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried feeding him anything else other than brine shrimp? And is there any chance the female has been beating up on him?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes what all have you tried feeding? Is there anything picking on them? How is the water quality?

jski711

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U.less you have gut loaded the brine it has little nutritional value. It would be like a person eating strictly lettuce! I suggest some mysis shrimp or rods food. Good luck.

OP
OP
wooboodoo

wooboodoo

the ART of modern REEF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no more frozen brine shrimps so I tried to feed frozen baby brine shrimps, frozen mysis shrimps and also new life spectrum marine formula but no success...
They don't fight probably because they are too small, except them I have only 3" hippo tang, yellow watchman goby and some small bleny I believe is tail spot or something similar.
Water parameters... well I think isn't anything wrong with, sunday I changed 15 gallons, temp 79-79.3, salinity 1026, KH 7, CA 430, Mg 1440, Po4 0.05 I don't have No2 and No3 tests.
Tank volume 93 gal + sump 20 gal,
corals SPS and I'm dosing zeo products.
From three weeks I'm dosing K-balance in double dose cause potassium is not noticeable in my system and some acros getting white from the bottom, I was wandering maybe he feels bad because of this?
I'm going crazy, I don't want to loose this little buddy, he is so beautiful.

Thank you guys for any suggestions and time.

Kindest Regards,
mark

OP
OP
wooboodoo

wooboodoo

the ART of modern REEF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is still alive but not eating at all...
He is seating in the corner of the tank, not swimming but has nice colors and cristal clear eyes... don't understand this situation.

Regards,
mark

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried any food soaked in selecon? its a vitamin to add to fish tanks. i add a few drops in with my frozen foods and feed that to the fish.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Try soaking the food in Garlic extract....It acts as an attractant to entice fish to eat.

Also the Tailspot blennies are known for being bullies

OP
OP
wooboodoo

wooboodoo

the ART of modern REEF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys thank you for all ideas, I don't have vitamins but I do have kent garlic and I'm always soaking food in 2-3 drops of garlic 10-15 minutes before I'll feed my fish.
Looks like little guy gonna die this night... he breathing very fast and not moving. Wish I can help him.
If he gonna be still alive tomorrow I'll go to pet store and buy the net to put him there but hope it not gonna stress him more :(

Thank you again guys.
mark

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey if you need to house him i always have room just over the bridge when i have a clown not eating which has probably only happend once i just change tanks and that seems to work for me when i use frozen food i usually let selcon vitamen c and garlic saturate in the food before i feed my clowns. my clowns are funny sometime they wont go for frozen food but will jump on pellets you can always try that spectrum or hikari

OP
OP
wooboodoo

wooboodoo

the ART of modern REEF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys last night about 2:30 am he died...

Thank you again for help!

Regards,
mark

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back