Xf250 advanced controller LCD replacement

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

had a pair of xf250’s and the advanced controller for around 3 years, been working great. I recently moved my system, and when I powered up the gyres last night, the left half of the lcd in the controller is dead. Barely visible. Doesn’t affect function other than making it impossible to see what the settings are

Are there any replacement/ repair options for the lcd? Thanks
image.jpg

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

had a pair of xf250’s and the advanced controller for around 3 years, been working great. I recently moved my system, and when I powered up the gyres last night, the left half of the lcd in the controller is dead. Barely visible. Doesn’t affect function other than making it impossible to see what the settings are

Are there any replacement/ repair options for the lcd? Thanks
image.jpg
Hi, if you are from Canada or USA, please feel free to head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support offered me 20% off a new controller, which is great.

but I’m hesitant to buy a new controller for a discontinued series of pumps, if it isn’t compatible with the 300 series.

if I buy a 300 series controller, is it compatible with the 2 xf250 gyres I already have? That way, I can also future proof my upgrade path when I get my bigger tank next year (350gallon)

thanks

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After more reading, I think I’ll hold off on a controller purchase until my current one fails completely, then upgrade to the WaveEngine for the extra functionality and compatibility.

thanks!

noelskii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you ever fix this issue? just noticed my left side lcd is not showing at all...

smtodd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been able to procure replacement LCDs for the XF230/250 Gyre controllers. These are for the classic version where the LCDs would go bad. Reach out if you've got interest.

noelskii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been able to procure replacement LCDs for the XF230/250 Gyre controllers. These are for the classic version where the LCDs would go bad. Reach out if you've got interest.
I was able to make the new cloud controller work with my old XF250 Gyres…

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%

Back