XR30 gen6 lens crack?

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey R2R,

Purchased a xr30 last may but due to moving wasn't able to open the box and set up the light until now. It was bought new and box was sealed.
I noticed this crack, is this cosmetic only or should I not use the fixture until replaced? Can it be replaced? If cosmetic and wont affect the fixture I wont bother.

The light does turn on.

I contacted support but it's been 2 days so want to see if anyone hear has seen this!

xr30_1.jpg

TYIA

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ecotech will take care of it and they will contact you back. They are very busy and it takes a few days sometimes when you turn in something. They have excellent customer service and have always been fantastic to deal with. If you are the one that purchased that fixture from a retailer and can prove it with a receipt, they won't have any issue in providing a replacement.

That was a common problem on the Gen 5 Radions. First one I have heard about on the Gen 6. It's caused from tightening the screws down too tight and it cracks the plastic. Many G5s came like that from the factory and they replaced the cover.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back