Yellow tail damsel laying eggs?

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for saying this!!! I agree 100%! Everyting I put in my tank is there because I wanted it. I also just sit and watch my tank and everything in it. I hope you are able to hatch and raise some soon. I will follow along and I wish you luck!!

everyone says not worth it,
but i feel anything we can captive breed is worth it.
Tell you what pop tyree's or some other stupid off the wall name in front of them and now their worth 50 times the amount of any other damsel.

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paramecium These are used to feed the fry of damsels. Just google it and you can find where to buy the cultures to get you started. Hope this helps!

Chelle's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone says not worth it,
but i feel anything we can captive breed is worth it.
Tell you what pop tyree's or some other stupid off the wall name in front of them and now their worth 50 times the amount of any other damsel.

:) always worth trying :)

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So were you able to get any success stories out of the batch?
Unfortantly Ive not been able to even see them hatch to try and catch any . Anyone know of a way to catch them if your not there when they hatch. or to remove the eggs from the glass to a different tank?

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for saying this!!! I agree 100%! Everyting I put in my tank is there because I wanted it. I also just sit and watch my tank and everything in it. I hope you are able to hatch and raise some soon. I will follow along and I wish you luck!!
Thanks im gonna try and catch some of the fry and raise them out of this next batch of eggs. Im waiting on my rots to come in now

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might me crazy, but i was looking at my tank with a flashlight tonight and found what I think may be small fry living in with my pods in a patch of alage i let live for them to hide in. I look at the pods from time to time at night and this is the first time ive ever saw anything that looked like this. They didnt look to have legs and were pretty good swimmers and one was pretty good sizwd and looked like a tiny fish before it darted off into the lr. Any ideas? can they be living on d'something in the tank?

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night i had some how unpluggged my moon lights whiledoing maintaince. When I pluged it back in I had fry swimming everywhere. pics to come later today

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such an awesome thread. Im glad you kept to it despite everyone telling you "its too expensive". We need to continue to raise fish from somewhere besides the ocean!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!! How many batches have you had?? Crazy how many times they lay eggs for you. Hope some of the fry make it for ya. Question for the fry raisers: is it possible to use a ball of chaeto to try to house the fry in a DT?

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have laid every week but 2 sense ive noticed them laying. The other night is the first ive seen hatched out. I didnt have any rotifers to try and raise them and the few i caught died by the next day. I may try to raise some sometime just for the fun of it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back