Yellow tail damsels and clown fish dead.

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from my shift to find my clown fish and yellow tail damsels dead lying on the gravel with a white color. Just did a 20% water change prior to going on shift and had my levels checked and all were perfect. My wife said they were alive this morning prior to me getting home. This is the second set of fish I have gone through. My tank has been running for 4 months and the ugly duckling stage had passed in the 2nd month.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what are you levels at? Be sure to check salinity also. Any stray voltage? Do you have good surface exchange (ie oxygen potential)? Are these the only casualties? what else is alive?

OP
OP
M

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot what the fish store said the levels were. But they said there are no issues. I don’t have a ground probe someone on here had stated something about stray voltage on the first clown that died. I have 2 snails and 6 hermits that are all still alive along with mushroom corals that show no signs of distress. I placed an additional power head in the tank to provide more flow to my corals and for proper live rock filtration.

OP
OP
M

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a white tint to both fish no mucosa membrane noted upon initial assessment of the fish this morning wish I would have taken a pic of them before I disposed of the fish.

OP
OP
M

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really makes me discouraged. Going to let the tank cycle for a few weeks and do another water change.

OP
OP
M

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sign of distress other than the female clown fish burying herself in the sand. All fish were eating great and very active no signs of abnormal respiration’s

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back