Yellow tang sick?

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I won't add anymore fish. But the ones I have have fast gill movement. I don't know whats going on. I tested everything today and everything is almost exactly the same as it was a month ago. Nothing out of line. Could it be gill flukes?
What is your flow rate? It sounds like either not enough oxygen or flukes. does it have a top?

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your flow rate? It sounds like either not enough oxygen or flukes. does it have a top?

I have two wavemakers at 800gph each and my return pump is 750 gph. I have a ton of flow.. I think maybe too much because the fish get blown around sometimes. :(

No top

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I won't add anymore fish. But the ones I have have fast gill movement. I don't know whats going on. I tested everything today and everything is almost exactly the same as it was a month ago. Nothing out of line. Could it be gill flukes?
It sounds like gill flukes to me! I'd watch for another day and if nothing has changed FW dip them seperately and really keep that air tube right under them bc gill flukes are a lot more difficult to get out than you average flukes. Another option is using melafix. I love me some melafix. the first time i experienced flukes i didnt catch it but the second time i had some melafix and when i fw dipped, i threw some in that tank and those fish are still alive and well today!

Back