Yellow Tang Swimming weird

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished first round of GC and did a 50% water change last night... Tang is swimming funny, I was going to dose again today, then start copper after this round / wc / carbon. I've also been feeding metro/focus food.

Any other recommendations?

Attached are a few pics.

20180730_111430.jpg

20180730_111440.jpg

20180730_111445.jpg

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very skinny are you also feeding nori sheets ?
I would let him put on some wait first before you start copper treatment(copper is not easy on fish it is poison).

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you giving GC and metro because you diagnosed internal parasites, or was it more prophylactic? GC is an appetite suppressant, as is copper. I would do a large water change with no medication. I would definitely let him get fat before starting medications, unless there is a parasite you have already diagnosed. Eating well and gaining weight literally helps anything that is wrong with a fish. Are you able to get chloroquine phosphate? CP is much milder to fish from my experience. Also from my own experience, every once and a while for whatever reason, whenever I did a large water change in my QT with tangs some just did not like it and acted funny for a few days. Water was always coming from my DT and parameters identically matched my QT tank. This has never proven to be detrimental for me.

OP
OP
J

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I do anything for him swimming weird? Yesterday I found him stuck to the filter... Once I got him off he was fine.

OP
OP
J

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you giving GC and metro because you diagnosed internal parasites, or was it more prophylactic? GC is an appetite suppressant, as is copper. I would do a large water change with no medication. I would definitely let him get fat before starting medications, unless there is a parasite you have already diagnosed. Eating well and gaining weight literally helps anything that is wrong with a fish. Are you able to get chloroquine phosphate? CP is much milder to fish from my experience. Also from my own experience, every once and a while for whatever reason, whenever I did a large water change in my QT with tangs some just did not like it and acted funny for a few days. Water was always coming from my DT and parameters identically matched my QT tank. This has never proven to be detrimental for me.

I would have treated anyway, but there was stringy poop. Should I run carbon and skip my second GC dose and do two when he's fatter?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the flow like in your qt ? May want to dial it down for a few days till he builds up some strength you can put a sponge on the intake of the HOB to slow it down that worked for me in the past.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he eating? As thin as he is, he may be on the way out.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of filter are you running? If the suction/flow out of the filter is not strong and he still got stuck to it then that is a very bad sign.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In addition to GC, I would begin dosing metro every 48 hours. Just ensure it's not done within 48 hours of also dosing GC (which already contains metro).

And if he's still eating start soaking GC in his food - using Seachem Focus to bind the medication.

OP
OP
J

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from lunch and he was laying on the bottom, I added some nori close to him in a grazer, and he tries to eat, but it's like he's too week to get it all in his mouth.

20180730_125107.jpg

20180730_125113.jpg

OP
OP
J

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to GC, I would begin dosing metro every 48 hours. Just ensure it's not done within 48 hours of also dosing GC (which already contains metro).

And if he's still eating start soaking GC in his food - using Seachem Focus to bind the medication.

I have been doing metro soaked food for about 8 days already. Do you think I should change to GC soaked?

20180730_125118.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put him in an acclimation box, and switch over to dosing + food soaking GC exclusively.

GC contains metro + prazi, and the latter is more useful than metro for treating intestinal worms. Metro is better for internal parasites.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back