Yellow tang with ich problems need help

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, so 3 weeks ago i got myself a yellow tang wild caught the tang didn’t show signs of ich but ofcourse chances are high with them, after 3 days in my tank it shows a few specs here and there fish has been super active, two days ago my power went out for few hours the temp went from 78 to 75 once it came back the tang has a lot of spots of ich. Since that time the tang hasn’t been swimming much just floating around towards the surface the specs fell off now shes just on the top of the water not swimming much not eating at all.
Will she die? Is it possible to set up a QT and try and save her still? Advice needed

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes absolutely. If the fish is still alive I would make a full effort to save it. If it's covered in spots you can give it a freshwater dip to relieve it of the symptoms before moving to a quarantine and treating with copper. I've moved this thread to fish disease forum to hopefully get some more info from the experts :)

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, so 3 weeks ago i got myself a yellow tang wild caught the tang didn’t show signs of ich but ofcourse chances are high with them, after 3 days in my tank it shows a few specs here and there fish has been super active, two days ago my power went out for few hours the temp went from 78 to 75 once it came back the tang has a lot of spots of ich. Since that time the tang hasn’t been swimming much just floating around towards the surface the specs fell off now shes just on the top of the water not swimming much not eating at all.
Will she die? Is it possible to set up a QT and try and save her still? Advice needed

First a pic would be helpful but you should get a QT setup and get some copper power. Dose the tank to 1.0ppm before adding the YT once added start ramping up the levels to 2.0ppm (therapeutic level) over the next couple days. Run copper for 30 days or 14 days if you can transfer to a sterile tank.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First a pic would be helpful but you should get a QT setup and get some copper power. Dose the tank to 1.0ppm before adding the YT once added start ramping up the levels to 2.0ppm (therapeutic level) over the next couple days. Run copper for 30 days or 14 days if you can transfer to a sterile tank.
yah im going to be setting up a QT tank can i use the water and filter floss from my old tank and an extra rock to serve as a " seeding " so i dont get a ammonia spice?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yah im going to be setting up a QT tank can i use the water and filter floss from my old tank and an extra rock to serve as a " seeding " so i dont get a ammonia spice?

I would get some biospira, rock will absorb copper and make maintaining your levels difficult

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 106 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back