Yellow tangs small tanks

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size and longevity are not really signs of happiness. Some of the oldest living goldfish have been kept in bowls. Im not going to look up particular examples but these fish easily live to their 50’s.

I can tell you there is a definite behavioral difference between that bowl fish and a goldfish in a pond. My pond fish identity me vs. other humans. I can hand feed, someone else can not. They also spawn every year. Goldfish in a bowl barely even move, or acknowledge any going ons outside their glass.
0B821B34-6F18-4028-A910-F7AC4823DEFB.jpeg

I have no scientific studies to link, but i am sure there is a environment size that the behavior of a fish changes.

Same is true of Betta Fish. I always thought they were colorful but very boring fish, until I saw one in a 10 gallon tank, never seen one so active and full of life. While I don't feel that happy is an appropriate term for fish, I do think that content or stressed definitely applies to them.

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several tangs in a Poland Spring dispenser at work, when the water turns brown I empty it into the coffee maker and refill w water from the Gowanus. One is depressed, but his father was an angry drunk which I think is a big part of it. The others are too busy fighting over impeachment to stake any territorial claims. Mostly we all just hate when Jeff brings Greek food for lunch. We brought up the onions and he thinks hiding them under the feta is fooling everyone. Just, obnoxious...
Omg...roflmbo

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%

Back