Yellow watchman goby swimming up and down glass.

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen this behavior from him. He hangs out at the bottom of the sand in the open all the time but never constantly swims. He did it for about thirty minutes and I tried feeding him and he wasn't interested. Now he disappeared to his cave. Tested for ammonia it was zero. Other fish seem fine. Two clownfish and a tailspot blenny. Tailspot was added a month ago. Purchased it already quarantined. Is he OK?

Attachments

• 20230916_180855.mp4
    22 MB
OP
OP
P

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this from time to time. It's a good idea to have some sort of lid/screen top.

Mine does this from time to time. It's a good idea to have some sort of lid/screen top.
Well that's good to hear. I thought it was weird and then when he didn't eat, it really freaked me out. This is my first tank so I worry about everything. I do have a mesh screen lid.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is known as glass surfing when they see their own reflection and become curious with the surroundings.
Mine does this occasionally and when I approach the tank- they dart off

OP
OP
P

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is known as glass surfing when they see their own reflection and become curious with the surroundings.
Mine does this occasionally and when I approach the tank- they dart off
I have had him for a little over a year and had never seen him do it for that long so wasn't sure. Thanks for your response.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had him for a little over a year and had never seen him do it for that long so wasn't sure. Thanks for your response.
Let us know if it doesn’t eat today.

Jay

FlyinAg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does it all the time, but he is a weirdo. Never bonded with my shrimp... likes to hang out on the weir, and occasionally chills inside the overflow on the filter floss. Had to 3d print a piece to keep him out. He eats like a pig though, and knows that food comes from the turkey blaster, which he will swim up to and eat out of. I doubt he would make it in the wild lol. Never know what you're going to get. BL, don't be alarmed and they are jumpers/explorers so watch for that!

OP
OP
P

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know if it doesn’t eat today.

Jay
He started being normal again but now he has disappeared for at least a week. He came out today while I was cleaning so I tried putting food in the tank. He didn't seem interested and was swimming up and down the glass again. His color looks normal and he still looks fat. Just trying to figure out if this is normal. He use to never hide.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back