Yellow with goby

that one fish girl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I have had a yellow watchman goby for about 1 1/2 years now and for the past weeks I have not been able to find him (I have not picked up the rocks to look) so I was wondering if I should be worried. The yellow watchman goby has a pistol shrimp with him and there is a green mandarin fish as well as a lawnmower blennie.
Thanks!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Like above, hard to say. Is the shrimp acting normal? Fish can disappear for days or even weeks.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I have had a yellow watchman goby for about 1 1/2 years now and for the past weeks I have not been able to find him (I have not picked up the rocks to look) so I was wondering if I should be worried. The yellow watchman goby has a pistol shrimp with him and there is a green mandarin fish as well as a lawnmower blennie.
Thanks!
First off, welcome to Reef2Reef!

Now, to answer your question,
Has the shrimp been making himself visible? And if so, try putting food near the entrance of the burrow and see if he peaks out to grab a bite. Gobies are also known to jump if spooked, so check your overflow/sump if you have one and check around and behind the tank, especially if you don't have a lid. Hopefully he's just hiding, but I'd expect you to have seen him at this point

OP
OP
that one fish girl

that one fish girl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to Reef2Reef!

Now, to answer your question,
Has the shrimp been making himself visible? And if so, try putting food near the entrance of the burrow and see if he peaks out to grab a bite. Gobies are also known to jump if spooked, so check your overflow/sump if you have one and check around and behind the tank, especially if you don't have a lid. Hopefully he's just hiding, but I'd expect you to have seen him at this point
Ok thanks and we do have a lid

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back