Yellowhead Jawfish and Yellow Watchman Goby

multsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I have a 40g reef tank with seahorses, a wheeler goby and YWG (captive bred). The 2 gobies actually live in the same burrow and are inseparable.

Really interested in adding a Yellowhead Jawfish. Will there be any aggression?

Thank you!

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The jawfish will most likely find and create a burrow of its' own. I have keep them in the past with a diamond goby which is a bit more active than the YWG, and they didn't really bother each other too much. Not sure how seahorses will play into the mix though. I would think it'd be fine.

OP
OP
multsh

multsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jawfish will most likely find and create a burrow of its' own. I have keep them in the past with a diamond goby which is a bit more active than the YWG, and they didn't really bother each other too much. Not sure how seahorses will play into the mix though. I would think it'd be fine.
Seahorses won't be an issue. Forgot to mention - the gobies are paired with a candy cane pistol. Does that change the above? Appreciate your help!

Dash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and they don’t interact at all. The jawfish was the shyest fish in my tank, took a couple of weeks to decide to make her burrow. She may hover around the opening but never strays far.

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seahorses won't be an issue. Forgot to mention - the gobies are paired with a candy cane pistol. Does that change the above? Appreciate your help!

I don't see that changing anything. It should be just fine.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 30 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back