Yellowtail Blue Damsel diagnostic

Europa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellowtail Blue Damsel looks like this for over a month. On November 9th, we thought it could be velvet and started treating the aquarium with Paraguard. But now after two weeks, I think it looks exactly the same. Except for his appearance, it is behaving normally (swimming around and eating well). I'm planning on stopping the paraguard tomorrow. Any thoughts on what might that be (velvet or something else)? And should I stop treatment, since I don't see any improvement?

IMG_9950.jpg

OP
OP
Europa

Europa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the tip! I actually used Kanaplex and it was very successful. After 4 doses he is looking much better and the infection seems to be ALMOST gone. But there are still some white traces. Question: the instructions say to use a maximum of 3 doses. I already did 4. Should I keep medicating until all signs are gone, or should I wait and see if the fish finish will recover on its own?

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the tip! I actually used Kanaplex and it was very successful. After 4 doses he is looking much better and the infection seems to be ALMOST gone. But there are still some white traces. Question: the instructions say to use a maximum of 3 doses. I already did 4. Should I keep medicating until all signs are gone, or should I wait and see if the fish finish will recover on its own?
I'd actually do a water change, give it a couple of days, and repeat.

Glad to hear he's doing better!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back