You don't need a kalk reactor. This is a jar.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk jar.

D9304992-2E35-4BBF-A57E-DDF4621AB0EA.jpeg

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, I have always just used a 1 gallon jug until recently. Now I'm mixing in my ATO container
I'm not a fan of keeping it in the ATO. Very inconsistent. Ato is for water. Not kalk

RedTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to find an acrylic manufacturer who makes a sealed reservoir for Kalk but to no avail. I could always do this but I like the look of some nice acrylic containers. Does it really need to be air tight though?

I'm not a fan of keeping it in the ATO. Very inconsistent. Ato is for water. Not kalk
I will also go dosing pump route as I want to avoid any inconsistencies with putting it in my ATO reservoir. What dosing pump are you using?

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to find an acrylic manufacturer who makes a sealed reservoir for Kalk but to no avail. I could always do this but I like the look of some nice acrylic containers. Does it really need to be air tight though?

I will also go dosing pump route as I want to avoid any inconsistencies with putting it in my ATO reservoir. What dosing pump are you using?
Kamoer x1. I've been wondering if the x1 pro will work daisy chained to a bunch of regular x1s as I don't like how the x1s can only dose a maximum of 12 times a day. But my PH has crept from 8.2-8.3. I'm not using kalk as my primary dosing by any means, though I could. I would need a much larger container.

RedTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer x1. I've been wondering if the x1 pro will work daisy chained to a bunch of regular x1s as I don't like how the x1s can only dose a maximum of 12 times a day. But my PH has crept from 8.2-8.3. I'm not using kalk as my primary dosing by any means, though I could. I would need a much larger container.
I was actually eyeing the X1 Pro precisely because its dosing times is doubled over the X1.

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not 100% sure if it needs to be air tight. Glass Jars are very "hip" right now. Spend a few minutes on amazon you could find something in glass. My wife doesn't hate it sitting there, so that's a win. I use Voss bottles for all my other dosing, they sit under the stand. This jar however wouldn't fit.
I ended up buying 2 so I can have the refill mixed and ready to go.

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually eyeing the X1 Pro precisely because its dosing times is doubled over the X1.
I'd buy it. The x1s have been great to me. I try to calibrate them every time I pay rent.
(so, monthly)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back