You know you've gotten a lot of snow when...

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you guys are getting bombarded. Move to Texas balmy 72 here. :laugh:

cope413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mistakenly mentioned it was 80+ here in SoCal when on the phone with a customer from Boston. Hope there's a break in the weather soon

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's rough, Randy, in '68 we could walk up the snowdrift to the roof of our two story house.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marquette, Michigan as of Feb 12th....139.8" I feel your pain Randy....or is it from shoveling?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424052093.820716.jpg

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marquette, Michigan as of Feb 12th....139.8" I feel your pain Randy....or is it from shoveling?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424052093.820716.jpg

:lol:

FWIW, I was just in Michigan this weekend while my daughter auditioned at the UM music school.

Happy Reefing!

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all foreign to me. What is snow? In reality I wouldn't mind some every now and then, but not like that.

Dustinba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've been watching the news and you guys have been getting hammered up there.

rchraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,

At least when you came to Michigan you got away form the non-stop snow and instead had to deal with our balmy below zero (night) and single (day) digit temps.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Geeze, I almost feel guilty living in 70+ degree weather right now, almost...:)

rchraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't recall how many times between last years' record snow fall and this years cold temps, I have told the wife we need to move to a warmer climate.

And what doesn't help is at the beginning January, I was in Southern Californian for a week, for work purposes, and fell in love with the consistently comfortable weather.

cope413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd quickly fall out of love with the incompetent politicians, absurdly high taxes, and room temperature IQs... and that's coming from someone who was born and raised here. If I could convince my family and some friends to leave, I'd be gone in a minute.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's summer here in Australia. I went diving in 26 degree water the other day :) that's perfect tropical ocean temps!
I leave for work at 6am, walk to work and get there at about 6.20am everyday in at least 90% humidity. I have a thick coat of sweat and have to shower at work in order to not feel like a sticky mess. I wish it was that cold here (well, maybe not THAT cold). I'd miss the diving, but showering at least three times a day takes it toll on your schedule.

Sorry R2R, that's possibly a little too much information lol.

5Bucks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to shovel a poop path for the dog yesterday - 80lb Black Lab. Either that, or she uses the driveway. About 3 feet depth on ground here in Rochester, NY. deeper in drifts. Woke up to -6F this AM. Wind chill yesterday -20 to -40. Average high temp this time of year about 30F. In the last month we've been above 30F maybe 1 day.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to shovel the perimeter of your property because the fences have disappeared and you don't want the dogs to wander off.

We're being crushed. :(

How about when you look at in the parking lot and don't even see a "bump" where you parked your car. Or the dumpster for that matter.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's summer here in Australia. I went diving in 26 degree water the other day :) that's perfect tropical ocean temps!
I leave for work at 6am, walk to work and get there at about 6.20am everyday in at least 90% humidity. I have a thick coat of sweat and have to shower at work in order to not feel like a sticky mess. I wish it was that cold here (well, maybe not THAT cold). I'd miss the diving, but showering at least three times a day takes it toll on your schedule.

Sorry R2R, that's possibly a little too much information lol.

Hopefully that's C not F. :shocked:

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
I am in NC now and I don't miss those Springfield Mass winter's at all . I just talked to some friends last week . They said it snowed 3 Monday's in a row . This was last winter when it was just getting started . It would stop then 2 days later it would pile up again . U had to stay away from hilly intersections to avoid sliding back into another vehicle .
I think saying" U know u got a problem in Mass when the weatherman tells u to stay put and not get on the roads" is definitely saying a lot too.

http://

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back