Your favorite seaweed sheets for your tang gang

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, but based on my theory is that the SF product was made for fish so I don’t think there’s a need to warn about cancer. On the other brands that’s made for human consumption, I think by law it’s required. Unless there’s a solid evidence to proof that’s its way better or else I would stay with what I have been using.
Use what you like, im not telling you to change... You asked us what we use, so i replied. You then asked if there was anything different to which there is, SF brand is red, brown, and green algae, without a cancer warning.
Now anything in California you come in contact with that can cause cancer has to be labeled. So if i touch it and can get cancer, it needs to be labeled. Even a few reviewers of the type you use thought the same thing, called a rep and found cadmium and lead hence the warning. Use what you like im not telling you to change, just answering you.

"The cancer causing chemicals are CADMIUM and LEAD! That is the information that was on my package. I feel the answer from the seller is either misinformed or misleading. Is there Cadmium and Lead in the silica package? I don't think so. I had one sheet before I noticed the Warning. And the Nori tasted good. BUT, I am not eating anymore of it since I noticed the warning. I got a refund. When I tried to do it online, it said "No refund available". So, I phoned Amazon. To people out there: Try to talk to a representative. With Cadmium and Lead, it sounds like the seaweed absorbed it form the sea water. This product should be disallowed, at least until it is tested in a lab! Buyer, beware! see less
By Pat on January 29, 2019

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are all sorts of metals in dried seaweed. Is it a problem? No. Just because you can detect something at a very small level does not make it a hazard. California is nuts on all the things you have to label. Might as well say stop breathing because the stuff in air will kill you. I will keep breathing, thank you very much.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are all sorts of metals in dried seaweed. Is it a problem? No. Just because you can detect something at a very small level does not make it a hazard. California is nuts on all the things you have to label. Might as well say stop breathing because the stuff in air will kill you. I will keep breathing, thank you very much.
lol

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use what you like, im not telling you to change... You asked us what we use, so i replied. You then asked if there was anything different to which there is, SF brand is red, brown, and green algae, without a cancer warning.
Now anything in California you come in contact with that can cause cancer has to be labeled. So if i touch it and can get cancer, it needs to be labeled. Even a few reviewers of the type you use thought the same thing, called a rep and found cadmium and lead hence the warning. Use what you like im not telling you to change, just answering you.

"The cancer causing chemicals are CADMIUM and LEAD! That is the information that was on my package. I feel the answer from the seller is either misinformed or misleading. Is there Cadmium and Lead in the silica package? I don't think so. I had one sheet before I noticed the Warning. And the Nori tasted good. BUT, I am not eating anymore of it since I noticed the warning. I got a refund. When I tried to do it online, it said "No refund available". So, I phoned Amazon. To people out there: Try to talk to a representative. With Cadmium and Lead, it sounds like the seaweed absorbed it form the sea water. This product should be disallowed, at least until it is tested in a lab! Buyer, beware! see less
By Pat on January 29, 2019
Wasn’t trying to argue but just wanted to point it out. No worries

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back