Your preferred doser... need suggestions

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Bubble Magus -- I'll be honest. It's a no frills doser. It's fine, so long as you clean and lubricate it twice a year. Fully clean the heads with rubbing alcohol and coat them with white lithium grease. Keeps it running like new.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the jeabo doser, its not my best piece of equipment. I also use only the smaller voss bottles as containers.
0618d8963b97dc33d5440ba507c38088.jpg

In case it fails only holds a few days.

I wont purchase again, too annoying to change the amount dosed per day.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering where this siphon comment came from. I haven't seen a single one of my peristaltic pumps siphon, they could potentially turn on and run forever, but siphon, impossible by their design. Then again, they always have at least 3 rollers.
It is not impossible for them to syphon. Over time the tube gets pulled to one side after it hits the stop and continues to get pulled, the tubing stretches and becomes thin enough that the rollers do not seal it off. When that happens then can syphon or stop drawing fluid as the will not hold a vacum.

Scott chilton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what intrigued me about the CoralBox. It is compact so doesn't take up a ton of space. The design is such that the power cable is properly placed for mounting. And the price point is reasonable for what you get in return. Good bang for your buck.
I LOVE mine

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gone through about every doser on the market . The only one that hast crapped out on me is GHL . Mine has been running awesome for 2 years now .

esse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly kalk via top off doesn't seem to be keeping up for me. Thanks to everyone in the thread for the insight into dosers

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vote for GHL Doser 2.1,
What a great unit. 4 heads, stand alone or slave available, 2 colors available also like D2mini said. Can run a temp probe off the SA unit. I run my ATO off one of the heads also. Setup and dosing schedule is on my laptop, can tune or tweak things with the click of a mouse. Failure stories I would say are none existent, from what I've seen, obviously JMO. Plus it is just plain sexy to look at, if you're into that stuff lol.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
corabox, ghl or kamoer

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Bubble magnus doser on my 90 gallon and it was simple and done the job but I really like my GHL 2 doser on my 80 . I like that I can control it easily on my phone and it’s great quality.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had Bubble magnus doser on my 90 gallon and it was simple and done the job but I really like my GHL 2 doser on my 80 . I like that I can control it easily on my phone and it’s great quality.

can you send a link which ghl wifi you have

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back