Your puffer pics?

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5375.jpeg

This is my puffy best friend potato (and my two other favorite fish haha) all in the same photo. This guy has been with me for 7 months now and was a rescue the aquatic guy at petco gave me for free because he was so covered in marine velvet he was almost sure he wouldn’t make it, well he did and he also did it through cupramine the harshest but only thing I had to treat him with. He is now the one fish in my tank that makes me realize how smart these guys are. He has learned how to communicate what he wants krill or clam, he spits water and clacks his beak for krill and spits sand at me and then will run up to the surface and then back to spitting sand for clams. I wanna know about everyone else’s puffers and how they are doing and cool things they do so reply with your puffer pics please!

bluemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww. Give potato an extra clam for me.

Would love to keep puffers but I love inverts too much.

I've only kepy fw pea puffers

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is Hewbie and he is super smart and personable too! He shoots water out when he sees food and his little fins flap super fast when I walk into the room like a dog wagging its tail! He is also target trained and knows when he is going to get fed.
IMG_2208.jpeg

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard puffing up can be hard to recover from.

can puffer owners chime in on this?

have your puffers puffed up ever? And what’s the recovery like?
depends on how it happened more than anything, my potato puffs up occasionally about three quarters of the way full to stretch. ive also had a baby dog face swim into a surface sponge skimmer and puff up but i unplugged it quickly and he deflated in a few seconds with no harm done. the majority of the time they die from puffing up when its out of water and they suck in air, they can have a hard time deflating.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Hewbie and he is super smart and personable too! He shoots water out when he sees food and his little fins flap super fast when I walk into the room like a dog wagging its tail! He is also target trained and knows when he is going to get fed.
IMG_2208.jpeg
hewbie is amazing.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ARGYGANG it was honestly a joke no need for the sad face. Awesome looking puffer btw dont worry already removed myself from the thread saw there was no sense of humor here....again apologize was just trying to have a laugh.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ARGYGANG it was honestly a joke no need for the sad face. Awesome looking puffer btw dont worry already removed myself from the thread saw there was no sense of humor here....again apologize was just trying to have a laugh.
Oh my bad buddy I was meaning to react to the dude who’s puffer died post not yours lol. I’m on mobile so it’s difficult.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collected this little 1/2" burrfish in the Atlantic in New York. After a year he grew to large and I gave him to the New York Aquarium.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5375.jpeg

This is my puffy best friend potato (and my two other favorite fish haha) all in the same photo. This guy has been with me for 7 months now and was a rescue the aquatic guy at petco gave me for free because he was so covered in marine velvet he was almost sure he wouldn’t make it, well he did and he also did it through cupramine the harshest but only thing I had to treat him with. He is now the one fish in my tank that makes me realize how smart these guys are. He has learned how to communicate what he wants krill or clam, he spits water and clacks his beak for krill and spits sand at me and then will run up to the surface and then back to spitting sand for clams. I wanna know about everyone else’s puffers and how they are doing and cool things they do so reply with your puffer pics please!
Very cool! My dogface puffer is named "Puffy". He is my best fishy friend too. Aren't puffers awesome?! Puffy is now my co-host on my YouTube channel too! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
IMG_20201018_161410692.jpg

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! My dogface puffer is named "Puffy". He is my best fishy friend too. Aren't puffers awesome?! Puffy is now my co-host on my YouTube channel too! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
IMG_20201018_161410692.jpg
awesome homie! there is just something about dog faces and the way they act that makes me feel more connected with them than any other fish. they are weirdly smart and interactive like no other. whats your youtube?

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5375.jpeg

Beautiful. Do you have corals or anemones in the tank?

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2208.jpeg
Do you have corals or anemones in the tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back