Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Giesemann Spectra fixture MH/T5 hybrid
  • Luxcore 250/400w selectable ballasts
  • (2) Giesemann 250w 17.5k SE bulbs
  • (4) Giesemann Actinic 54w T5 bulbs
IMG_5293 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
Def one of my favorite tanks that has been featured on here before! Being a graphic designer I have thing for attention to detail, composition, color etc....you just hit the nail on the head with this tank setup! I would love to RedSea get more innovative with their tank stands to incorporate a set up like this sump area. I always laugh when people look at my clean display tank and then ask how hard it is to maintain, and then I show them the "behind the scenes" sump area and the equipment that make it happen and they are instantly turned off, confused and are like...Please just shut the cabinet doors so I go back to looking at the cool display tank LOL If I had something like this in my living room....people would be so intrigued and perhaps have a better understanding of what does what in the sump area. :)

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180 Peninsula:
2 AI Sol Blue Led / ATI 6b t5 combo

Blue+
Coral+
Purple+
Led x 2 -none in the center
Purple+
Coral+
Blue+

Both sides
20170208_160003.jpg
20170208_155946.jpg
I know who's tank this is :)

ramabama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My Oprah doesn't miss a lot of meals. I would venture to say anyone who has issues with the AP700 either doesn't actually own them or they didn't understand how powerful they are and they cooked their tanks. I'm guessing your LFS doesn't actually display the AP700? I'd be wary of any other advice they give you! I'm a professional lighting designer and did a TON of research before buying the Kessils. They are actually a remarkable value. The mounts they sell not so much.

Oh and sorry about typo. Supposed to read ULNS (ultra low nutrient system.) I run zero phosphates but control the dosing of it myself so my sticks don't starve.
I struggle with determining which leds to upgrade to. Curious did you consider the A-360 before choosing the AP700?

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def one of my favorite tanks that has been featured on here before! Being a graphic designer I have thing for attention to detail, composition, color etc....you just hit the nail on the head with this tank setup! I would love to RedSea get more innovative with their tank stands to incorporate a set up like this sump area. I always laugh when people look at my clean display tank and then ask how hard it is to maintain, and then I show them the "behind the scenes" sump area and the equipment that make it happen and they are instantly turned off, confused and are like...Please just shut the cabinet doors so I go back to looking at the cool display tank LOL If I had something like this in my living room....people would be so intrigued and perhaps have a better understanding of what does what in the sump area. :)

Thank you very much! Ironically, I recently asked Red Sea for a job lol.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back