Your suggestions on this RO

Qasim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got this RO and planning to integrate DI resin cartridge to it what do you guys recommend shall i remove the top three filters or keep them and add DI resin cartridge to the end?

20200205_083738.jpg

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of the top ones is the RO membrane and you can't remove that I would assume it is the white one not sure what the other two are for

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check that after a second look you have 4 top ones only one is the membrane not sure the purpose of the other ones would need to see what their labels say

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ditch those. One is a post carbon block and is pretty useless for a reef tank. The one at the front is to re-mineralize the water for drinking. Also useless (and potentially bad) for a reef tank. The other I am not sure what it is, but take it off. I would get a dual DI add on from BRS and add it after the membrane.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ditch those. One is a post carbon block and is pretty useless for a reef tank. The one at the front is to re-mineralize the water for drinking. Also useless (and potentially bad) for a reef tank. The other I am not sure what it is, but take it off. I would get a dual DI add on from BRS and add it after the membrane.

Strongly agree. Do this and you'll be happy you did.

OP
OP
Qasim

Qasim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the helpful replies, i suspect these there are problematic for a reef tank but wanted to check beforehand. I was thinking of adding an extra carbon cartridge and a di resin or maybe two depending on the canisters I have laying at home.

OP
OP
Qasim

Qasim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today when taking the photo I noticed one of the filters the Yellow one was leaking so its a goner already.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back