Your tank stand- What is underneath your stand?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Many of us have various tanks in may shapes, sizes and lengths. While some spaces are generous, some are also limited.
Often we utilize ATO, sumps, skimmers, Calcium reactors, sterilizer and other components such as algae scrubbers and various reactors.

What is underneath your tank and how do you manage your components if in tight spaces?
Show us pics if your wish !!

Mine fortunately is ten feet long and I have 36" sump and utilize doser, algae scrubber, 28g ATO, skimmer, calcium reactor and UV sterilizer

1687386307413.png

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
don't have a current picture of under the tank but i have:

sump, skimmer, heaters, some bottles of my reefmoonshiner elements. to the side of the tank stand is my ato and the mess of wires i try to hide, but can't.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just normal stuff under both of mine. Sump, skimmer, dosing pumps, dosing canisters, heater controller and misc odds and ends I use daily under the 90g.

Fluval canister filter, heater controller and the UPS back up power supply for the 50g.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, oh what mystery! What's under my tank?? What could it possibly beee.

20230621_114556.jpg

Why, another tank of course.

A freshwater tank just housing extra plants for the moment and possibly due to be broken down and retired soon. I'v been eyeing this space as somewhere I could culture pods and phyto. Decisions decisions.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have all my empty boxes from all the ecotech and apex equipment I have bought over the last few years. Also, I have 3 5 gallon buckets of the BRS cal, alk, and mag powder. If I cleaned it all out, I would have a cleaner fish room, which one day will be on my list of things to do.

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is stuffed with kid toys since the filtration happens on the other side of the wall

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you say that?
nothing bad, it just looks like tall vertical drains , and the pump on the glass bottom, I've had a set up like that before and it was on the noisy side. looks fine to me:)

I like to 90° just above the sump and have a gate valve as close to the sump as possible. with the height of the drains I try to put in 45°'s and break that vertical drop into a slower curve. and bring the drains under water level a couple of inches in the sump.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back