Not open for further replies.

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am by no means an expert in water testing. However I was just doing a scroll of YouTube last night and I came across a guy testing "D&D" water. He states that the water will match up exactly to the parameters stated on the bag. As I watched it he falsely measure the red sea kit to make the measurements "perfect". I do not know if I'm allowed to post the video but it's one of Farm boy reefs videos go take a look. I am posting this just in case the video persuaded some of you to buy D&D salt.

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have contacted the person, well tried too, and he consistently deletes my comments. So I thought you guys here might listen to me.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty funny....he needs to correct that so that people use the kits correctly.....subtracting the syringe reading from 1.0. He didn't do that!!! That is, he was looking for 0.88 for calcium....the syringe will actually read 0.12 (1.0 - 0.12 = 0.88)

I also got a kick out of how he said photometer. He said pho-to-me-ter.....it's pronounced pho-tom-e-ter.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see him do what your claiming. The red sea kits turn purple before turning blue which is what I think you saw in the video. The solution turned a darker color and then went blue after he added a bit more.

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch the Ca test. He puts atleast half of the syringe of CA into the solution and then as hes "looking" for .88 reading on it he moves the syringe back to put the syringe at .88. Which if he was going for a reading at .88 the syringe would be at .12 not .88. Just a very shady video he does the same with Mg

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you are right. When he showed the cal test he showed it 0.88 but it's suppose to be 0.88 used so the marker would be at 0.12.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooh, I see what your saying. He did do the test correctly. you can tell because the plunger went way down on the syringe to the .12 Mark most likely, but when they show the close up its not what it should have read.

Very strange he would do that

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he did it intentionally look how he covers up the Mg test.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell if he actually did it right or not since he doesn't really do a close up of the one he is looking at, you just kind of have to take his word. Also nothing stopping him from pushing more fluid in after it turned blue to get the results he wants.

mbemount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in the video he says he's going to get a closeup of the syringe but never does. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back