YWG Very Aggressive

ScoobyElla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently got a Pistol Shrimp to bond with my YWG. I was in utter amazement at how quick they bonded (within 5 minutes) and the progression of how they bonded. Now the YWG will not leave its side until feeding time.

I have a pair of clowns and a beauty coral also in the tank. The bigger Clown I noticed had this brown spot on its cheek and I read that it might been bit or stung, I have a Condy Anemone that they try to steal food from. So I thought it was from that but I’ve been watching my tank for longer today since it’s my day off and it seems that the clowns go to the new sand that is dig out by the shrimp. I’m assuming this sand has some kind of nutrition since the clowns pick at it. Well the YMG does not like this. YMG will chase and what it looks like to me bite the Clowns. No new spots have arisen on the clown but has anyone had this issue before? I’ve tried to look up YMG’s being agressive and I’ve found nothing.
Is this something to be worried about?

I can try and get a video if needed.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're aggressive protecting the cave the pistol shrimp dug out. Mine seems to have a zone of about 6" away from their den. Clowns, Tail spot blennie, Fire Fish have all learned to go inside that zone at their peril. Doesn't seem to chase beyond the zone though. And when the YWG is away from the den, it's not overly aggressive.

OP
OP
S

ScoobyElla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're aggressive protecting the cave the pistol shrimp dug out. Mine seems to have a zone of about 6" away from their den. Clowns, Tail spot blennie, Fire Fish have all learned to go inside that zone at their peril. Doesn't seem to chase beyond the zone though. And when the YWG is away from the den, it's not overly aggressive.
Gotcha yeah that seems about the same here. It’s really cool to watch just wish the clowns would stop bothering them lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back