Zenium Phosphate Remover

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright.. who has used this product?

Recently saw it in a video from Reef-A-Palooza and haven't heard or seen anything really about it.. I see there is a RB article from 2018.. but really there must be some level of knowledge out there on it?

I went ahead and purchased because I was intrigued.. the website really has no real information on it, or what it is. A recent Facebook post of theirs has this information on what it contains;

"One of the first questions people ask when they see Zenium “Is this aluminum oxide?”. Although it looks similar in color and shape, Zenium has no trace amounts of aluminum and is made up entirely of natural minerals and polymers making it completely safe for your tank, even with sensitive fish and corals "

Upon initial receipt of the package, it smells realllllllly sweet like cherry jolly rancher, which has me slightly concerned it may be releasing sugars into the aquarium to promote a form of carbon dosing.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 2.44.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 2.45.21 PM.png

OP
OP
Mattiejay6

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged the company on Facebook and they were very nice and quick to respond. they advised there is no sugar in this product and no leeching. They said its the smell of the "natural polymer". The product is not meant to table, will not degrade, but can break apart in the reactor if too much flow. There is also no aluminum in the product

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are currently testing this product in our 200 gallon mixed reef display tank as an alternative to GFO.

Our results thus far:

A recent test (4 days ago) of 0.90ppm in phosphate, was reduced to 0.16ppm as of this typing.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water flow through a reactor has to be very slow so these don't tumble and grind themselves to dust. If you're planning to use them it may be better to run them in a media bag.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back