Zero Nitrate & Phosphate readings, what now?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you suggest I keep dosing my daily amount of N & P? To keep the range of 1-3 and 0.02-0.05. I'f I don't dose they will bottom at 0 N & 0.02 P pretty quick.

I don't know the best way to deal with turf algae. It is likely not by nutrient control, but I've never really looked into that specific issue.
If you have not already done so, I'd start a new thread in the main forum on turf algae issues.

That said, I personally would like to continue to see detectable Na nd P unless it is for a short term treatment regimen for the turf algae.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ocean level no3 and po4 and algae would take over my tank if I did not have things to eat it. Urchins, snails, crabs, etc. If you get lucky, maybe a fish will eat your type of algae - less rare than common, unfortunately. You could need hundreds of snails and half a dozen urchins depending on the tank and the issue - if you do start another thread, I am sure that you will get some good help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back