Zoa color question

BrandonM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if its lighting or a possible parameter issuse but my zoas colors
seem to be changing. Like the eagle eyes have more green than others and the orange ones look like the are mixing with brown. Any input about this?
1523593195042.jpg
1523593259895.jpg

OP
OP
B

BrandonM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to frag swaps and they all have perfect color uniformity. I feel like my zoas just melt into different colors

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Brandon,i had the same issue as well as poor growth.4 months ago I started using aquaforest component 1-2-3.this made sure my parameters (alk,cal,mag.) stayed constant.plus added the necessary trace elements my corals needed.about three weeks into it my colors returned and my growth is incredible.before this I never had great success with them.you may want to give this product a try.it's made a believer out of me and a few of my friends as well.check it out.

OP
OP
B

BrandonM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Brandon,i had the same issue as well as poor growth.4 months ago I started using aquaforest component 1-2-3.this made sure my parameters (alk,cal,mag.) stayed constant.plus added the necessary trace elements my corals needed.about three weeks into it my colors returned and my growth is incredible.before this I never had great success with them.you may want to give this product a try.it's made a believer out of me and a few of my friends as well.check it out.
I will look into this. thanks!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been dosing Red Sea Reef Nutrition Reef Energy A and B for a few weeks now and have noticed a lot of improvement in the coloration of my Z&Ps, along with most all of my corals also. Its a combo of amino acids, carbohydrates, and vitamins from what the label says. Probably along the same line of the AF product mentioned before.

Secondly some impellers had rusted in my system as well and had impacted my coloration as well. This basically what led me to looking into ATI water testing, I was thinking it was a trace element scenario causing the lack of color and found the metals to be extremely high.

OP
OP
B

BrandonM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been dosing Red Sea Reef Nutrition Reef Energy A and B for a few weeks now and have noticed a lot of improvement in the coloration of my Z&Ps, along with most all of my corals also. Its a combo of amino acids, carbohydrates, and vitamins from what the label says. Probably along the same line of the AF product mentioned before.

Secondly some impellers had rusted in my system as well and had impacted my coloration as well. This basically what led me to looking into ATI water testing, I was thinking it was a trace element scenario causing the lack of color and found the metals to be extremely high.
I added a small bag of chemipure elite and 2 weeks later everything returned to normal perfect colors [emoji3] thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back