OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my zoas on my hit list, they originated from a local fish store 15 min from me, ACR point settas. 75 pp but worth it imo

dsc_0578_24983253995_o-2-500x352.jpg

jboone82590

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont get me wrong if theres a special high end zoa I want I will save my money that i make and get it for sure. I trade a lot as well, or atleast as much as i can before going to the store!
Me to lol.
I dont have super high end stuff yet.
Iv got some nice ones tho and i love them all.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you attaching your zoa plugs to the rock? Just finding a hole and setting in there? Nothing looks grown out so i'm assuming you just frag like crazy. Do you have any plans to let them fill in? I'm currently building a 120 gallon tank that will be a massive zoa garden. I'm a addict as well, have about 50 different types in my tank at the moment. I purchased all the rock already for the tank and i'm just trying to come up with something that will allow me to easily insert and take out the plugs more effectively than constantly gluing them down.

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use coral glue, I don't let them grow all over the rock scape atleast for now until the frag tank is set up, then I will have grow out frags of everything then I won't care. I frag a lot, it keeps my zoa's healthy and they grow tens times quicker. Plus I have back ups just in case.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when you frag you just break it off the rock and then re-glue again?

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and if the frag ends up growing on the scape I take the plug off and put it on the rack for grow out since there already growing on my aquascape

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy keeping Zoas & palys seems a lot easier for me in this hobby. I have 2 75 gallon tanks trying to fill them up with color. I just got myself a maxspect razor a couple months ago so that's why I have been looking to buy more corals for one of my tank. The other was just fowlr, but have been adding a few Zoas to the tank. All together I have 7 Zoa frags in 1 tank and about 20 in the other. I still have no high end zoa yet. I have just received a coral order this morning. They were offering 30% off so I'm always looking to save in this hobby. I'll see if I can catch a deal here in the forum dice it's Holiday season

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy keeping Zoas & palys seems a lot easier for me in this hobby. I have 2 75 gallon tanks trying to fill them up with color. I just got myself a maxspect razor a couple months ago so that's why I have been looking to buy more corals for one of my tank. The other was just fowlr, but have been adding a few Zoas to the tank. All together I have 7 Zoa frags in 1 tank and about 20 in the other. I still have no high end zoa yet. I have just received a coral order this morning. They were offering 30% off so I'm always looking to save in this hobby. I'll see if I can catch a deal here in the forum dice it's Holiday season
check out cherry corals live sale they have coming up dec 30th primo stuff, prob the best you can get!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back