Zoanthid and Palythoa Eye Candy Thread (zoas & palys)

Deyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also worth mentioning the skirts look like a torch coral.. which adds to the whole appeal.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speckled Krak
75415652-DBE5-4651-A1D3-C1E7CB81D4F7.jpeg

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of palys I should probably get rid of but don’t want to toss the rocks.

What would be a good number to kill with kalk per week as to not disturb the tank with either paly or decomp?

Pic of 90g tank that needs cleaning:

IMG_5762.jpeg

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With how bright and easy zoas are ive been thinking up colorways that would be vibrant and really stand out in the tank. Does anyone else take specific care to pair zoas with contrasting colors together? (For instance bright orange with bright blue or neon green directly near neon red. I think a neon pink/Mint/gold colorway would look really great meshed together. Just need to find the specific types.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With how bright and easy zoas are ive been thinking up colorways that would be vibrant and really stand out in the tank. Does anyone else take specific care to pair zoas with contrasting colors together? (For instance bright orange with bright blue or neon green directly near neon red. I think a neon pink/Mint/gold colorway would look really great meshed together. Just need to find the specific types.
It sounds like you may already be doing this, but if not, a good way to approach it is to use the color wheel. colors on the opposite side of the wheel are complimentary and look good together.

1688590044178.png

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any morphs closest to pure white? I've mainly been trying to just look for specific colors that seem uncommon. Neon Mint/Neon Pink/neon Purple/White/Black seem like the hardest to source.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any morphs closest to pure white? I've mainly been trying to just look for specific colors that seem uncommon. Neon Mint/Neon Pink/neon Purple/White/Black seem like the hardest to source.
I saw a "Chiquitos Morph" that looked very white to me, but I was worried that it was just bleached, also very expensive.

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a "Chiquitos Morph" that looked very white to me, but I was worried that it was just bleached, also very expensive.
Not bad, definitely white skirts. Center seems like a pale yellow so pretty close. Daisy cutters seem like an interesting option too...Definitely not all white but the inner ring of white really pops against the dark edge and inner orange.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad, definitely white skirts. Center seems like a pale yellow so pretty close. Daisy cutters seem like an interesting option too...Definitely not all white but the inner ring of white really pops against the dark edge and inner orange.

1689001340404.png

Yea, the ones I saw in person looked like this but the skirt was much whiter and the inner face looked more white and less red/dark blue.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are red devil people eaters (rdpe)

There are a variety of ‘Hawaiian’ zoa strains that are similar.

The yetis have more of a white pattern.
41009A7D-18A8-49CC-89B7-8DE8AE90BAFB.jpeg

But there are a number of similar ‘Hawaiian’ zoa

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1689001340404.png

Yea, the ones I saw in person looked like this but the skirt was much whiter and the inner face looked more white and less red/dark blue.
Yeah these look incredible. A strain of blue agave? Very tough to matchup the exact colors on some of these because of lighting differences and how many different types there are.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back