OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are the same thing. The box says "aquarium treatment" on the front and red slime or cyano on it too.

rustoreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your problem can be numbers of things. First thing that caught my eye was your salinity. I run my zoa frag tanks at a .26 some may think thats high. Some say they like dirty water my opinion is yes yhey love high nutrients but not nitrates lol ppl get mixed up. I would slowly try to get my salinity up and get your light under control. One more thing zoas are pretty strong they can withstand a lot depending on the zoo so good luck to ya

Lord_Mort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm necro-posting here but this seems like a good topic! I am having the same issues.
My lfs thinks it's because my magnesium is low but I'm thinking of trying this chemiclean approach in conjunction with dosing just to cover the bases. Anyone see a problem with this?

Lord_Mort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a couple different chemiclean

I think they are the same thing. The box says "aquarium treatment" on the front and red slime or cyano on it too.
They are just different concentrations. The red one is 6g and treats 900 gallons whereas the blue one is 2g and treats 300 gallons.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back