☆☆ - Spring Grow-Out Class 1 - Lasermelon Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefing102 @Jasonak @Mschmidt @Troylee
IMG_1838.jpeg
IMG_1841.jpeg
Nice Cabanacide pick up too

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do we need to add a rule that only coral growth counts? Artificially inflating the growth using non-coral accessories doesn’t count lol
It's not artificial inflation of the growth. . . I am just really bad a supergluing and now my coral is a few inches taller. . . honest mistake

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to add a rule that only coral growth counts? Artificially inflating the growth using non-coral accessories doesn’t count lol
Maybe for the efflo level. But I think if they can glue wood to this beast without killing it, they may deserve at least a nod.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you notice any appreciable affect on coral growth? At least as I understand it, we expect acros to grow outward before they start growing upward and I was wondering if the angle of the outward growth (downward on a convex surface and upward on a concave surface) has any effect on the rate at which the start growing upwards. I also wonder if forcing the outward growth into a ridge shape (as it crests the ridge of the plug) might force some upward growth at the ridge. . .

This is just some random guesswork based on some anecdotal observations. . . but got me thinking.

Be curious to see a test with the same corals on these plugs:

1716141380920.png

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice any appreciable affect on coral growth? At least as I understand it, we expect acros to grow outward before they start growing upward and I was wondering if the angle of the outward growth (downward on a convex surface and upward on a concave surface) has any effect on the rate at which the start growing upwards. I also wonder if forcing the outward growth into a ridge shape (as it crests the ridge of the plug) might force some upward growth at the ridge. . .

This is just some random guesswork based on some anecdotal observations. . . but got me thinking.

1716141380920.png
I honestly haven't noticed a difference but I haven't done a side by side comparison either

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1716141380920.png
Could be a fun experiment. Does it have to be an acro for the science? I could make one of each and throw a monti on. Only acro I have growing fast enough is an ora frogskin and I'm sure it doesn't care.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1716141380920.png
The concave always made it a bit easier to mount my frag straight up and down. I like the look of the rounded would make it look more natural quicker if leaving on the plug. Which I normally do.

Back