☆☆ - Spring Grow-Out Class 3 - The Points & Says WOW Nice Efflo Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ghostbuster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arrival picture @Reefing102 @Jasonak @Mschmidt @Troylee

Look’n very nice!

IMG_3548.jpg

SaltyArms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where else to put this... I'm assuming general questions/chat is ok for this thread outside of only pictures.

Does anyone have any really good colony pics of this efflo or just efflos in general? From what I can tell from my research, they grow in a really flat and wide table, so I'm trying to anticipate placement.

@Battlecorals Adam I don't know if maybe you have a bigger colony that you can snap a quick picture of without it needing to be "website ready"?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where else to put this... I'm assuming general questions/chat is ok for this thread outside of only pictures.

Does anyone have any really good colony pics of this efflo or just efflos in general? From what I can tell from my research, they grow in a really flat and wide table, so I'm trying to anticipate placement.

@Battlecorals Adam I don't know if maybe you have a bigger colony that you can snap a quick picture of without it needing to be "website ready"?
Yes they grow out like a flat table.. don’t know if there’s any pics of this efflo but here’s one in general.
IMG_3819.png

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

IMG_1167.jpeg

This was the piece I cut up. Color was really bad as it was kind of banished to the outer rims of one of my larger tanks, but you’re absolutely right. These things just grow out fast really nice coloration on the rim not always the best coloration on that body but as I’ve always said, efflos are kind of love-hate.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it safe to assume that we should take pics with the "Official Ruler" horizontally vs. vertically?
I’d say yes that’s best! It’s not gonna grow up, it will always be a Toys-r-Us kid! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

SaltyArms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the piece I cut up. Color was really bad as it was kind of banished to the outer rims of one of my larger tanks, but you’re absolutely right. These things just grow out fast really nice coloration on the rim not always the best coloration on that body but as I’ve always said, efflos are kind of love-hate.
Awesome. Thanks for the picture. This is going to be a tricky placement for me because I'm reading efflos really like high light/super high flow. I might end up relocating a large purple monti that's in a prime area for this. We'll see!

bbak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot. A sincere THANK YOU to Adam for the extras. Especially the Tri-color frag (hopefully that wasn’t meant for someone else :astonished-face:). It’s been in the tank less than 2 hours and I can already see polyps extending.
Definitely one of the best, idk if I'd ever get sticks from anyone else! Always love the extras.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first official pic I guess I should’ve done it sideways but my feet are killing me right now and I don’t want to walk upstairs to take another pic, maybe I’ll try again tomorrow

Attachments

• B1546D4B-57BC-4AA8-BCC5-9DEA9986DD9D.jpeg
    B1546D4B-57BC-4AA8-BCC5-9DEA9986DD9D.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 7
  • F4956BA8-D8D6-46C6-AF7D-654B2EF8A77C.jpeg
    F4956BA8-D8D6-46C6-AF7D-654B2EF8A77C.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 8

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back