Anemone - short tentacles on one side?

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a stupid question, but my anemone has short tentacles for a section on one side only - is this normal/bad? Is it a sign of anything?

IMG_0667.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

OP
OP
P

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you receive it like that? To me it looks like it got damaged there, and the tentacles are growing back.
I don’t think so, I picked it in the store and recall it being very puffy, no obvious issue on one side, but I also noticed the short tentacles on the second day - so either it came like that or it got injured right away. It’s possible it got hurt during transport, though wasn’t in a bag for all that long. That said - last few days the short tentacles seem to be getting longer.

One of my hermits did attack it when I first put it in there…

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so, I picked it in the store and recall it being very puffy, no obvious issue on one side. It’s possible it got hurt during transport, though wasn’t in a bag for all that long.

One of my hermits did attack it when I first put it in there…

That could be why. In that video the tentacles already look short, so if thats the first time I doubt it. I have also never had problems with blue legged hermits attacking anything. That being said though, every living creature is different.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a second one around. Looks like it split.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS has a ~180 gallon tank they culture them in and occasionally harvest from, so if there’s another one it’s in there.
Yeah, then it's just recovering from a split. When the nems split they lose one half of their tentacles, and they have to grow back the other half (in most cases). No worries, they will grow back in no time. Make sure to feed the nem!

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it hosting any clowns? Mine look like that from time to time because of my clowns nuzzling up in it

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back