OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a picture of a wall I had near the beginning of my tank journey- until the tank crashed - very windexie picture @fishguy242
1714761983295.jpeg

So and the new one - photo from this morning! IMG_8565.jpeg IMG_8564.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so a couple things
1st these nems foot measured close to 7inches when she stuck her self in the corner and stretched a bit. I recorded a time lapse hoping she would split. Yeah it’s like she knew - brat.
IMG_8633.jpeg
IMG_8636.jpeg
IMG_8634.jpeg
IMG_8632.jpeg
IMG_8658.jpeg

This is how I left her last night and how she currently is. I moved the heater out of the in hopes to keep her from looking for a different corner.
IMG_8677.jpeg
IMG_8720.jpeg

Rotated the stick so it couldn’t get stung by the nem. And here we have Mrs. Coffee defending her territory from me.
IMG_8721.jpeg
IMG_8722.jpeg

So at least all the nems are on the right side (literally and figuratively) of the tank. Which wasn’t the case the other day when the nem in the bottom right corner was trying to walk over to where the gonis live. Caught it mid walk on the overflow. A little bit of tickling its foot and I picked her up and plopped in a hole in the rock she is currently located. We shall see how long she stays.

As you can tell some new rocks were added. Spent my store credit at the LFS well lol. (There is more in the sump.

I made a, what I gonna deem a nem rock, which is currently occupied by the nem all the way to the left. She was located in the corner by the overflow last night but when I woke up she had a “toe” in the nem rock. I found a curved - almost bowl piece of rock at the LFS and then found to smooth flat pieces which I glued to the bowl piece leave one side opened. I made sure the inside of the bowl piece had no sharp spots. It’s large enough even for the monster in the right corner. Hopefully this will make for a happy nem. Pictures below. Of course I wasn’t thinking last night and didn’t take pictures of the rock before I put it in…oops
How she was a little bit ago
IMG_8719.jpeg

How she is now

IMG_8729.jpeg
IMG_8728.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should test…but I’m tired…up to late…not enough sleep…and a large late lunch/early dinner (mediterranean grilled chicken with cous cous) and I’m not sure if I want to go back down stairs. Currently located in a snuggle pile of fluff

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah popped down stair and saw this I swear I’m gonna whoop its foot with a newspaper!!!
IMG_8736.jpeg

Since this one moved here it’s been happy I’m thinking this all has something to do with proper holes to bury their foot in
IMG_8737.jpeg

So I made another nem rock this one was a Frankenstein break apart and super glue back together

image.jpg

I moved the trouble maker back to the rocks while I worked …gonna stick in the tank and hopefully she will either A) find it on her own or B) I’ll move her the next time she goes walking

IMG_8738.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered a ton of manganese sodium monohydrate ….2lbs lol. Should be here this week.

I’ve decided to add another dosing pump just for it. Which means I also need another dosing container. Wondering if I should just buy one of those 3 or 4 chamber ones incase I decided to start dosing calcium and magnesium…..who knows…..

I also ordered 2 L lab grade plastic bottles for mixing the manganese and an extra one for when I mix my brightwell alk.

Fun stuff

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your coral habit I would look for like a 6 or 8 chamber..
Maybe just oversized…. I should just go buy a 54 head dosing set up but there goes coral money lol… not like I really have the space….. I created my hammer garden rock today. Will be glue everything down tomorrow

Here’s the basic idea …… I wasn’t done attaching pieces of rock when I did the mockup EDIT DISSCLAIMER CORALS ARE NOT TO SIZE LOL
IMG_8804.jpeg

And here is the finished rock with blue tap notating where things go…I’ll probably do another mockup before I glue
IMG_8790.jpeg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just oversized…. I should just go buy a 54 head dosing set up but there goes coral money lol… not like I really have the space….. I created my hammer garden rock today. Will be glue everything down tomorrow

Here’s the basic idea …… I wasn’t done attaching pieces of rock when I did the mockup EDIT DISSCLAIMER CORALS ARE NOT TO SIZE LOL
IMG_8804.jpeg

And here is the finished rock with blue tap notating where things go…I’ll probably do another mockup before I glue
IMG_8790.jpeg
I'm a fan of kamoer f1. if you need 54 of them, you can daisy chain 8 to one plug and during black Friday 5 cost the same as the 4-head unit.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of kamoer f1. if you need 54 of them, you can daisy chain 8 to one plug and during black Friday 5 cost the same as the 4-head unit.
54 seems excessive

But then

21 Goni might also be excessive

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_8804.jpeg

IMG_8790.jpeg
Ok so how that 5 got in there I’ll never know…but I’m not gonna edit it

Thank you for pointing that out @Mschmidt

Oh man where was my brain

Definitely meant a 4 head unit lol

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back