Blue Atlantic Tang laying on side

miccap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this blue Atlantic tang 5-6 days ago in my tank and it’s been doing great so far. I woke up this morning and see that it’s just laying in the tank on its side. The color appears to be good on the fish and he does move sometimes if I get close to it. He does sometimes swim around for a bit and then goes to the top of the tank and bops up which and down which I haven’t seen it do but then continues to lay down. I am very worried. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_6780.mov
    25.3 MB

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this blue Atlantic tang 5-6 days ago in my tank and it’s been doing great so far. I woke up this morning and see that it’s just laying in the tank on its side. The color appears to be good on the fish and he does move sometimes if I get close to it. He does sometimes swim around for a bit and then goes to the top of the tank and bops up which and down which I haven’t seen it do but then continues to lay down. I am very worried. What should I do?
Everyone here will need a lot more info to be able to help you out. What are your parameters? How old is the tank? Do you have enough surface agitation for oxygen? What other inhabitants do you have in the tank?

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really hard to make out anything in that video. Way too blue, and heavy reflections on the glass. But that fish looks extremely thin.
Your best bet is to take video under white light, load to YouTube, then post a link here in addition to the advice above.

OP
OP
M

miccap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's really hard to make out anything in that video. Way too blue, and heavy reflections on the glass. But that fish looks extremely thin.
Your best bet is to take video under white light, load to YouTube, then post a link here in addition to the advice above.
Everyone here will need a lot more info to be able to help you out. What are your parameters? How old is the tank? Do you have enough surface agitation for oxygen? What other inhabitants do you have in the tank?
Tank is 120 gallons and it’s been set up for about 8 months now. I got 2 clown fish, a royal gramma, 6 line wrasse, and 3 green chromis and a bunch of snails.

Ph: 8.0
ammonia: 0.25ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 120 gallons and it’s been set up for about 8 months now. I got 2 clown fish, a royal gramma, 6 line wrasse, and 3 green chromis and a bunch of snails.

Ph: 8.0
ammonia: 0.25ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm
you should not have ANY ammonia at all, it is poisonous to fish

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia has been 0 the past 4 months and this is the first time that I am seeing any bit at all
Hopefully either Jay hemdal or vettguy will be on here soon, but I would start with a good water change, maybe 50 % and get some good airation in there

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back