OP
OP
Mas0n

Mas0n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo Hoo! Already seeing a little improvement in coral extension.

IMG_4549.jpeg IMG_4548.jpeg

OP
OP
Mas0n

Mas0n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are still improving, looks like I'm getting full extension from all my corals and the sand is becoming whiter.
IMG_6328.jpg

This is new, one of the clowns sleeps in the zoas all day, pretty cute lol.
IMG_6326.jpg

OP
OP
Mas0n

Mas0n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also! Started working on my aquascape for a new tank I bought.

Really like how it’s coming along so far. Used Marco rock and Thin CA + sand for bonding. I can pick the structure up by any point and it feels super secure. Really impressive.

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

scubatan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also! Started working on my aquascape for a new tank I bought.

Really like how it’s coming along so far. Used Marco rock and Thin CA + sand for bonding. I can pick the structure up by any point and it feels super secure. Really impressive.

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg
Looks great. Do you just mix some thin CA with sand and then apply it onto the rock and hold them together for a few mins? Or what’s the process

OP
OP
Mas0n

Mas0n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Do you just mix some thin CA with sand and then apply it onto the rock and hold them together for a few mins? Or what’s the process
Thank you!

Yep, I sprinkle dry sand into the joint, then apply thin CA, then a little more dry sand on top of it. It sets super quickly. 5-10 seconds. I then went back over with some Marco cement on the bottom of the overhangs to make sure it’s a good bond.

Funny thing, my girlfriend accidentally knocked the structure over, and the rock broke. Not the joints.

scubatan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Yep, I sprinkle dry sand into the joint, then apply thin CA, then a little more dry sand on top of it. It sets super quickly. 5-10 seconds. I then went back over with some Marco cement on the bottom of the overhangs to make sure it’s a good bond.

Funny thing, my girlfriend accidentally knocked the structure over, and the rock broke. Not the joints.
Awesome I’ll try this. Which brand CA?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back