Clownfish.gif

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Nice tank and aquascape! Keep us posted with lots of pics! :)

OP
OP
smithcamt

smithcamt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R fellow Texan!!!
giphy.gif

Your tank looks good. As others have mentioned, take it slow and don't rush things. When you rush, things go crazy, crashes happen, fish die, and you have to start over. So take it slow.

Have you tested it since you started cycling to see where your parameters are at? Even then, I would add a small CUC first, cause if you add them and they die fairly soon after, then you need to check tour parameters again and possibly continue cycling for another week or two.

After you have had your CUC in for about two weeks (and hopefully been watching your parameters the entire time), then add a pair of Clowns or a few hardier corals. Wait a few weeks to ensure your tank is able to handle the biolad. Add whichever you didn't add previously between the clowns and corals.

And then just keep up on maintenance, add a few more corals here and there. If you need to add more CUC, do that. And any other fish, probably add one at a time, a few weeks apart - unless it is something that also comes in a pair or school.

Thank you! I have taken the water to get tested at a local aquarium, but will get a test kit soon. I'm heading out of town later this week, so I will test the water shortly after coming back and hopefully be at acceptable levels. But I have no issue with continuing to cycle while I wait, I want to be thorough and make sure I've done everything on my end to host a habitable environment for my guests! From your experience, does it matter between fish and coral which are added first?

Back