Please do a review/ article on the massive amount of red sea tank failures for the last five years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ninjamyst @fullinfusion

what stands out to me: look at the failure rate from 2-3 years, that’s a recurring timeframe / production line version

its interesting the breaks center around that make timing vs spread out in 1,3,10 year models

when new breaks are posted this week, that I haven’t solicited or hunted down or done anything than see them post on this site, we should look to see if they’re from 2-3 years ago production line.

That’s probably five grand in floor insurance claims coming

Last edited:

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, with all due respect, you seriously need to let a friend look at these posts before you commit them to the permanent record.

You do fine for a short time, then it devolves to rambling, repeating, and tinfoil hat conspiracy, even in your Skip Cycle diatribes...

C'mon buddy, I know you got some things to say, and you're passionate about your beliefs, but you need to bring them across articulately, cause to me you're the guy on the street corner with a sign that says 'The End Is Nigh' When you could be the guy at a podium saying 'The End Is Nigh - My TED Talk"

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stateline

you carry over beefs from cycling posts into any opportunity you get

= a bottom feeder, trying to use distraction where possible in place of actual work threads, examples or jobs

you tried this on rip clean threads, it’s why you bring it here

these are links of other peoples posts being collected

continue trying to distract from the pattern while keeping up your own pattern, doesn’t bother me, it’s expected of you.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this pattern of Red Sea seam breaks holds consistent there will be several new posts, from other people who it’s happening to, by week’s end. We will see.

its on notice that to disagree in this post, with the relevant subject matter, bottom scraping insults are the mode

its not like we can get thoughtful % risks discussed, or prevention methods, or big picture counter points from disagreeing parties. If someone doesn’t like the simple review of Red Sea seam posts, they try and distract with raw trolling, that’s a standout here so far.

try making thoughtful counterpoints that stick the subject at hand if you feel the continued impulse to post on threads you didn’t make stateline.

At least stick to the subject matter vs trying to collate years of cycle and rip clean envy. There were several prior times you did this during outbound work threads, I never put you on block simply because it’s not an issue, you don’t make threads your job is to troll others threads it was apparent then too.

I wonder if your post history shows you’re a Red Sea owner

Last edited:

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stateline

you carry over beefs from cycling posts into any opportunity you get
I have no beef with your cycling posts, except that oftentimes they don't come across as the helpful suggestion I'm sure they're meant to be.

= a bottom feeder, trying to use distraction where possible in place of actual work threads, examples or jobs
Name calling has literally no place here. I've been respectful, perhaps that's been a mistake.
you tried this on rip clean threads, it’s why you bring it here
Trying to help you here, again maybe that's a mistake.
these are links of other peoples posts being collected

continue trying to distract from the pattern while keeping up your own pattern, doesn’t bother me, it’s expected of you.
Fine, Brandon... You're right and the whole world is against you, when you name-call and misrepresent what people who AGREE with you are saying... It's cool... really. Maybe reread my message without your vicimization bias. Just saying.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

notice the dialog differences in that thread vs here

that thread is up top, where readers who encounter similar issues on point are discussing the matter in a normal way

its going to develop into a sideshoot multi page seam break thread by its own momentum

down here we are ten thumb scrolls to the bottom so I’m not expecting the same degree of public relay, readers in the gen forum don’t just scroll down to the RB area by habit

I’m doing the example links to relay the pattern I see up top because it’s worthy of blog or article subject matter. same subject, two different modes of writing from the dissenters.

I give MN credit for disagreeing with the trending in a thoughtful reflective manner.

if no new seam break examples are stated up top, no more will be linked down here and this trend analysis thread I’m posting on will die down and become inactive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt rb has a place in the info responsibility chain by articles on the blog that pointed buyers to the product + any verified hobby trending is worthy material. My posts are zero proof there’s an issue or trend, just a request for others to apply their own scrutiny and decide. Let’s link together some examples and consider any standout details, such as 36 mo fail concentrations

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How dare you Brandon ask that the “industry’s leading news source” write an article about one of the biggest issues and cover ups we’ve seen in the hobby! :winking-face-with-tongue:

You have to question the integrity of anyone who still recommends, defends, or sells Red Sea aquariums at this point. Especially any remaining G1 tanks. G2 may have fixed all these issues but I would never recommend or be the Guinea pig for them.

It was totally cool to jump on the wagon and bash Vibrant but speak out against Red Sea and the hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage/death they’ve caused and now you’re a problem??? Lol funny times to live in

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a tricky article to write with no company data available

It's tough to write an article about something reefers are bickering about online

Allowing this thread to exist I thought was a great example for red sea to see, from reef builders.

It's fascinating to me to study times in reefing anecdote might sometimes be informal discovery of legit pattern science

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before posting here I somehow missed there was a red sea vendor forum

Surely they want the data?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That would be a tricky article to write with no company data available

It's tough to write an article about something reefers are bickering about online

Allowing this thread to exist I thought was a great example for red sea to see, from reef builders.

Red Sea is fully aware of the issues and doesn’t care. Any user who posts about it in their FB group will be banned.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote that post there completely nice and simply reflecting on trend, asking about preemptive protection options. They allow open posting to the forum, no pre filtering of posts that's a cool step for sure.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Props for trying to call for accountability, but I don’t expect Reef Builders to write about the failures. Their YouTube channel gets about 30k views a video so I don’t think they are getting much, if any, income from YouTube views; and they aren’t promoting their own storefront in their videos either. Which means most of their revenue likely comes from manufacturers paying to advertise their products. I don’t think RB will want to write a hit piece on Red Sea and risk losing that advertising money from them and any sister companies. IIRC, they didn’t write anything about the Vibrant fiasco either.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my response:

I used to read a lot of your posts, especially the rip clean ones. You always seem to have good intentions but I started to see a trend in your posts which makes me loose respect for you and your knowledge. You are stubborn, verbose, long winded, and tbh just hard to understand what you are trying to say.

Sorry for being blunt. I know you have good intentions but your delivery needs work.

This will be my last response to any of your posts and sorry for going off tangent since I know this is a red sea thread.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t own Red Sea and probably never will so I have no dog in the fight, but there’s an old saying. Things today are made not to last and to be thrown away.

It’s all about that cost cutting to save a buck. However, yes there have been likely hundreds of failures over the years, yet they likely sell thousands of tanks a year. So it’s not a huge issue (to Red Sea). I would imagine it seems most of these are out of warranty too so that’s another “small print” issue per se

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t own Red Sea and probably never will so I have no dog in the fight, but there’s an old saying. Things today are made not to last and to be thrown away.

It’s all about that cost cutting to save a buck. However, yes there have been likely hundreds of failures over the years, yet they likely sell thousands of tanks a year. So it’s not a huge issue (to Red Sea). I would imagine it seems most of these are out of warranty too so that’s another “small print” issue per se

The seam failures are simply a case of form over function where they wanted the edge of the front panel to sit even with the doors leaving the entire front panel unsupported. Shows a total lack of competence and understanding of tank building.

A local tank builder told me some years back it was a terrible design that would fail in time.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what happens with these tanks when a dude spends 10k on a tank that weighs as much as a small car when filled and then doesn't want to pay the dealer $500 bucks to install it professionally. Saturday afternoon Billy Ray and his buddies 14 beers in.... I own a lawn/ landscape company and people will spend 2k on mulch and then not want to pay $300 for weed barrier and then 3 weeks later wonder why they have weeds coming up.. I own a reefer 625 and paid to have it installed properly. I also have owned several IM tanks and others through the years. So I'm not partial to any brand really. In fact I'm strongly leaning toward a tenecor acrylic next because I'm sick of lugging heavy glass tanks. My stand alone probably has 3 dozen leveling legs. Two guys spent nearly 3 hours leveling it. First just the stand then again after the tank was setup then they put 100 gallons in it and did the whole process again . There's no way the guy who ordered it off BRS or wherever is going through all those steps. The brand doesn't matter. Proper setup does . There's a risk for failure on any tank.
Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's what happens with these tanks when a dude spends 10k on a tank that weighs as much as a small car when filled and then doesn't want to pay the dealer $500 bucks to install it professionally. Saturday afternoon Billy Ray and his buddies 14 beers in.... I own a lawn/ landscape company and people will spend 2k on mulch and then not want to pay $300 for weed barrier and then 3 weeks later wonder why they have weeds coming up.. I own a reefer 625 and paid to have it installed properly. I also have owned several IM tanks and others through the years. So I'm not partial to any brand really. In fact I'm strongly leaning toward a tenecor acrylic next because I'm sick of lugging heavy glass tanks. My stand alone probably has 3 dozen leveling legs. Two guys spent nearly 3 hours leveling it. First just the stand then again after the tank was setup then they put 100 gallons in it and did the whole process again . There's no way the guy who ordered it off BRS or wherever is going through all those steps. The brand doesn't matter. Proper setup does . There's a risk for failure on any tank.
Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Red Sea tanks aren’t failing because they were improperly installed. They are failing because of physics and poor design from Red Sea. Big difference between the two.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said thank you for keeping things on the rails, this thread has a right to exist despite the 4 objectors to the study/request for Red Sea input

keeping up contrast, look how the actual seam break twin thread proceeds with its dialog:

no trolling, legit back and forth on input, no hate, no baiting. nobody is trying to get that thread closed

They’re ok with simply reviewing the trending there and it’s my main goal for this thread. Red Sea was my target audience and my opening request is written as nicely as possible here. I didnt want to give Red Sea any reason to not give input or reef builders a reason not to investigate the issue

Ninjamyst, I don’t care if that’s your opinion, no matter how eloquently you try to word it. Carry over beef from 2020 threads still smells like carry over beef. Simply select ignore and your problem is solved

I’m not selecting ignore simply because I don’t mind that you wrote that opinion piece.

Last edited:
Back