Red sea or waterbox secondhand

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they are the biggest and most successful brand globally and people tend to hate them because they think they are too expensive. A bit like people hating on expensive cars but secretly they drool over them.

No... because they manufacture defective product and refuse to own it.

When you spend over $5000.00 on a system, you have a reasonable and understandable expectation that its water not leak out... or should I say pour out.

Again, search "Red Sea seam failures".

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they are the biggest and most successful brand globally and people tend to hate them because they think they are too expensive. A bit like people hating on expensive cars but secretly they drool over them.
Are you comparing a red sea to a supercar?

Yea they are as reliable and fragile as one.

And no I do not drool over a red sea.
I have a IM and was looking at Waterbox before my IM.

My IM in your definition would then be a daily driveable hyper car, and not a normal supercar.

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dang I'm trying to pull the trigger on either a Red Sea 350 G2 or Waterbox 110.4. I'm looking for a tank that's 48 x 20. Not every manufacturer makes a tank that size. I was leaning towards the RS but now I'm not sure.

SVTChili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you comparing a red sea to a supercar?

Yea they are as reliable and fragile as one.

And no I do not drool over a red sea.
I have a IM and was looking at Waterbox before my IM.

My IM in your definition would then be a daily driveable hyper car, and not a normal supercar.
I think you’ll find biases from the opposing team no matter what. Kind of how Ford guys say Chevy sucks and vice versa.

Zuluuz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I'm trying to pull the trigger on either a Red Sea 350 G2 or Waterbox 110.4. I'm looking for a tank that's 48 x 20. Not every manufacturer makes a tank that size. I was leaning towards the RS but now I'm not sure.
G2’s are built like freaking tanks. Op just mentioned he’s looking at a 10yr old used Red Sea.. my current red sea is going on 8 years. Don’t believe the negative feedback you hear on the internet. Red sea tanks last a long time and looking at the quality of the g2 I believe these to be the best tanks Red Sea has released to date.

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
G2’s are built like freaking tanks. Op just mentioned he’s looking at a 10yr old used Red Sea.. my current red sea is going on 8 years. Don’t believe the negative feedback you hear on the internet. Red sea tanks last a long time and looking at the quality of the g2 I believe these to be the best tanks Red Sea has released to date.
Man I'm seriously super confused. I keep swinging back and forth between the two. WB 110.4 or RS 350 G2+. And they're both on sale for memorial day. I had me mind set on WB. Now you're making me think again. Lol Also I believe the G2+ comes with a 5 year warranty. I don't want to need a warranty but maybe RS doing that shows confidence in the G2+?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back