You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well nothing else in the other tank seems sick but it may be too early to celebrate. Also I’m not sure if the BTA is doing well but the maroon loves it!
IMG_0439.jpeg

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well nothing else in the other tank seems sick but it may be too early to celebrate. Also I’m not sure if the BTA is doing well but the maroon loves it!
IMG_0439.jpeg
Funny how they think it's fine to be hosted by tiny nems/corals. I had a late day in the office yesterday, and looks like the clowns start loving up on the 2-head torch when the lights go down. I don't know that the torch is an enthusiastic host...

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how they think it's fine to be hosted by tiny nems/corals. I had a late day in the office yesterday, and looks like the clowns start loving up on the 2-head torch when the lights go down. I don't know that the torch is an enthusiastic host...
It was love at first sight. Just not sure that love is reciprocated…
Luckily the clowns in this tank(the occelarris I mean) just live in the top corner for some weird reason

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s been some tough weeks but it seems like the worst is past. As many know I had a disease outbreak in the eel tank and that plus life stress caused me to become very apathetic to the whole hobby. However I’m feeling a lot better the last couple of days. Saying that I think to get past my bad spot I need to acknowledge my failures. I’ve lost 6 fish in the last month or so and here’s the memorial post. I’m going to give a emotional toll rating out of ten because I’m a robot and my feelings are numerical.

So in this tank:
IMG_3393.jpeg

Red saddled anthias: emotional toll 7/10

One of my favorites just for beauty alone. Unfortunately this fish has been fading for a while and was not surprised when it disappeared one day. Unfortunately I think anthias and especially the deep ocean ones are a lot harder to keep healthy than most people know.

IMG_1958.jpeg

Snowflake angelfish: emotional toll 3/10
Bad sign when you have no idea when it disappeared. Was never a healthy fish though. Over inbred I’d guess. Never getting a designer fish again.

Now the eel tank.
IMG_0393.jpeg

Chocolate tang: emotional toll 1/10

Does it make me feel better to be vindicated about tangs carrying disease? No. It just makes me feel worse for taking the risk. But at least I never had time to build an emotional attachment.

IMG_2580.jpeg

Pearlscale butterfly: emotional toll 6/10

I think I have 3 categories for my fish.
  1. Regrets like the tang and clownfish
  2. Fish I really enjoy but are just fish
  3. Pets I form a strong emotional connection to
This fish is firmly in category 2. Liked it but didn’t love it. First fish to get sick after the tang and prove a disease was spreading.

IMG_3308.jpeg

Zebra angelfish: emotional toll 6/10

Another category 2 fish. Pretty but quickly went female and lost some of its beauty. Second fish to go down in as many days.

IMG_3171.jpeg

Regal angelfish: emotional toll 10/10

This almost made me quit. When it started going downhill I just wanted to climb into bed and forget I ever got into this hobby. One of my favorite fish. RIP
Hopefully the last to die from
This disease.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s been some tough weeks but it seems like the worst is past. As many know I had a disease outbreak in the eel tank and that plus life stress caused me to become very apathetic to the whole hobby. However I’m feeling a lot better the last couple of days. Saying that I think to get past my bad spot I need to acknowledge my failures. I’ve lost 6 fish in the last month or so and here’s the memorial post. I’m going to give a emotional toll rating out of ten because I’m a robot and my feelings are numerical.

So in this tank:
IMG_3393.jpeg

Red saddled anthias: emotional toll 7/10

One of my favorites just for beauty alone. Unfortunately this fish has been fading for a while and was not surprised when it disappeared one day. Unfortunately I think anthias and especially the deep ocean ones are a lot harder to keep healthy than most people know.

IMG_1958.jpeg

Snowflake angelfish: emotional toll 3/10
Bad sign when you have no idea when it disappeared. Was never a healthy fish though. Over inbred I’d guess. Never getting a designer fish again.

Now the eel tank.
IMG_0393.jpeg

Chocolate tang: emotional toll 1/10

Does it make me feel better to be vindicated about tangs carrying disease? No. It just makes me feel worse for taking the risk. But at least I never had time to build an emotional attachment.

IMG_2580.jpeg

Pearlscale butterfly: emotional toll 6/10

I think I have 3 categories for my fish.
  1. Regrets like the tang and clownfish
  2. Fish I really enjoy but are just fish
  3. Pets I form a strong emotional connection to
This fish is firmly in category 2. Liked it but didn’t love it. First fish to get sick after the tang and prove a disease was spreading.

IMG_3308.jpeg

Zebra angelfish: emotional toll 6/10

Another category 2 fish. Pretty but quickly went female and lost some of its beauty. Second fish to go down in as many days.

IMG_3171.jpeg

Regal angelfish: emotional toll 10/10

This almost made me quit. When it started going downhill I just wanted to climb into bed and forget I ever got into this hobby. One of my favorite fish. RIP
Hopefully the last to die from
This disease.

Having lost 9 fish (of 11) within a week recently, I feel you... This sucks. And those angels...

A month after I introduced a tang also (tang went first, rest followed).

Persistence is required for greatness.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So picture supported update time.
Look @tbrown a FTS!
IMG_0506.jpeg

So the left most area is doing really well. Everything is growing like crazy.
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0511.jpeg

Zoas on the back are doing really well but I do have GHA there too. It started growing on the toadstool but it suddenly shed and came back to life looking great.
IMG_0512.jpeg

Torches and hammers are all doing well. Too well in the case of the gold torch which is stinging everything within like 6-8" of it the b@#$%^&. Pretty b@#$%^& though.
IMG_0509.jpeg
IMG_0508.jpeg
IMG_0507.jpeg
SPS are all growing steadily.
IMG_0505.jpeg
Finally right island is great too except for the zoas which seem to want more light or something. The koji wada needs to be cut down someday.
IMG_0510.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing alright in the voting!!
Sad Last Place GIF by HannahWitton

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please say you did!!
Yes!
I got a medium Deresa. There were prettier clams but I wanted an easy and cheap one. If that goes well I could get one of the green maximas or one of the other crazy pretty ones.
Once it’s acclimated, in the tank, and open I’ll post a pic. But it’s the first clam in the last tank of the video.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s his or her name? The cat, of course!
Rodney, and his favorite fish is the melanarus! Almost liek its playing with him. At least it keeps coming back for more.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn’t really open until late this evening when my blues were on full and then of course the pictures were too blue so here’s a 3/4 open not very good pic from this morning.
I guess you know it’s a deeper clam because it’s not that blue. Thanks for the good read @Miami Reef!
IMG_0531.jpeg

Back