☆☆ - Spring Grow-Out Class 2 - Houdini Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's coming.... Wednesday!
Animation Pizza GIF by Holler Studios

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Box is arriving tomorrow, super excited! @Battlecorals any info you could give us on what the Houdini likes or doesn't like in your experience with it?

I’m sure he will also respond but his bags are also marked with the generalized conditions he’s had the coral in (lighting type, flow, etc.) :)

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure he will also respond but his bags are also marked with the generalized conditions he’s had the coral in (lighting type, flow, etc.) :)
yea, but those just give you a super general idea.....I've find the bags to give more of an idea how hardy the coral is in general vs its actual preferences. (Hard to know the difference between a 6 or a 7 on the lighting scale on the bags, like does that equate to another 50 PAR?)
If possible, was hoping for more detailed stuff like maybe a PAR range he's kept it in and how it reacted, any experience on getting blasted directly with flow vs more random, possible experiences of it reacting in ways other acros may not, if applicable.... just anything that could help with getting it to grow the best it can. :)
I mean it is a Nasuta, so shouldn't be OVERLY touchy, but every coral is unique so figured it cant hurt to ask for any details he's willing to share.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, but those just give you a super general idea.....I've find the bags to give more of an idea how hardy the coral is in general vs its actual preferences. (Hard to know the difference between a 6 or a 7 on the lighting scale on the bags, like does that equate to another 50 PAR?)
If possible, was hoping for more detailed stuff like maybe a PAR range he's kept it in and how it reacted, any experience on getting blasted directly with flow vs more random, possible experiences of it reacting in ways other acros may not, if applicable.... just anything that could help with getting it to grow the best it can. :)
I mean it is a Nasuta, so shouldn't be OVERLY touchy, but every coral is unique so figured it cant hurt to ask for any details he's willing to share.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Barack Obama GIF

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Box is arriving tomorrow, super excited! @Battlecorals any info you could give us on what the Houdini likes or doesn't like in your experience with it?
it's refreshingly forgiving. pretty much the standard rules for sps apply. high light, flow nothing. really outside the box I'd say.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's refreshingly forgiving. pretty much the standard rules for sps apply. high light, flow nothing. really outside the box I'd say.

But my flow and lighting are outside the box not in the BattleBox

Sorry terrible dad joke

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back