☆☆ - Spring Grow-Out Class 2 - Houdini Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in the east side of Washington state, in Spokane. I have definitely been all over the west side of the state, including Bellingham, but not much in the last 10 years. I'm sure it has really changed! I know there are loads of reef shops all over so that is a bonus. I love the rainforest-y feel of the mountains over there, so lush and green.

Bald eagles are not where you are? Theys everywhere's here! I live next to a river, and on a usual day, I can see a Bald Eagle perched looking over the water. Wait 'till you see one poop in air. It's like a gallon of white paint poured out. Really gross. Random, I know, but once you see that, its imprinted in the brain.

Jasonak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, just 6 months of rain. It will be odd to casually see bald eagles and whales though. This Wyoming boy isn't used to that.
Yeah, its funny how you will take that for granted after a few years. I still do get a kick out of whales and bears and when I see moose with horns in the city, normally there just cows or its winter and they have fallen off already.
We did air BNB from our house for a couple seasons and I remember how people would be in my driveway chatting to me and saying how epic the view was from my house was :p I mean it is a nice view but I live in the middle of the city and you just dont notice the mountain's when they are there every day.

Jasonak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bald eagles are not where you are? Theys everywhere's here! I live next to a river, and on a usual day, I can see a Bald Eagle perched looking over the water. Wait 'till you see one poop in air. It's like a gallon of white paint poured out. Really gross. Random, I know, but once you see that, its imprinted in the brain.
We have a ton here also, when you go to the dump there literally is 100 of them picking through the trash,,kinda takes away the majestic part of it. So kinda like your paint poop thing. I mean there still awesome and huge but you know ..

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a ton here also, when you go to the dump there literally is 100 of them picking through the trash,,kinda takes away the majestic part of it. So kinda like your paint poop thing. I mean there still awesome and huge but you know ..
Yep, big scavengers. And jerks that steal others' prey and fish. Known for waiting for an osprey to catch a fish then steal it, since they are so much bigger the osprey gives it up every time. Oh, and they love roadkill. Nothing more majestic than seeing an eagle eating an eyeball.

Also, I cleaned my glass yesterday and should be taking my monthly entry pics today sometime.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in the east side of Washington state, in Spokane. I have definitely been all over the west side of the state, including Bellingham, but not much in the last 10 years. I'm sure it has really changed! I know there are loads of reef shops all over so that is a bonus. I love the rainforest-y feel of the mountains over there, so lush and green.

They're around here. We're on the water, so we are them every now and again. Growing up it was every 6 months or so, always a big deal.
Yeah, its funny how you will take that for granted after a few years. I still do get a kick out of whales and bears and when I see moose with horns in the city, normally there just cows or its winter and they have fallen off already.
We did air BNB from our house for a couple seasons and I remember how people would be in my driveway chatting to me and saying how epic the view was from my house was :p I mean it is a nice view but I live in the middle of the city and you just dont notice the mountain's when they are there every day.
The mountains were always used to navigate. I'm wy and co they were always west. I haven't seen a rocky mountain since Christmas and it's crazy making.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lateral in title with potentially more growth opportunities. And much closer to family (in laws though), 2.5 hour drive vs 6 hours of flying plus 2 hours of driving.

In Bellingham, WA

Don’t forget the most important aspect of the move…LFS proximity to the new house

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lil early for my monthly entry likings but…life happens, and it’s done, so @Reefing102 @Jasonak @Mschmidt @Troylee. Ty.
IMG_3897.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE: GOBIES OR BLENNIES?

• Gobies!

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Blennies!

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Um, there is no way I can choose...

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Other (Please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back