☆☆ - Spring Grow-Out Class 3 - The Points & Says WOW Nice Efflo Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

SEPDXReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_7959.jpeg
    IMG_7959.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 29

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember:
Post your first picture in this thread.
Use the ruler provided with it touching the plug.
It must be posted within 7 days of receiving your box.

The contestants are:
The current list. If I have missed you, let me know.

And some of you have forgotten rule no. 8, be sure to tag @Mschmidt, @Reefing102, @Jasonak, and @Troylee in your picture posts. It's on you if you haven't and we miss you.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be able to get mine in today it does have a little necrosis on a corner but it should make it

SaltyArms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals came in today. Initial pics of the Efflo below @Mschmidt @Reefing102 @Jasonak and @Troylee

IMG_5091.JPG
IMG_5088.JPG

Here are a couple quick phone pics in the tank of the efflo and the rest of the BattleBox haul! My lights were well into the ramp down so they're a little grainy. Just slapped the filter on the iPhone and got them. I'll get better images from the Nikon tomorrow.

Back Row (left->right)
1. BC "TPASWNFE" Efflo
2. BC Honeycomb
3. BC Raindrops on Roses

Front Row (left->right)
4. RR Pink Floyd
5. BC Rosevine
6. BC Corpse of Helltrollsmen Man Parilis
7. BC Shockwave (I sure hope this thing colors up in my tank to look like Adam's pics on the website... WOW)

IMG_5092.JPG

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey there Adam, how did y’all do through the storms last night? Hope you’re well
Hi there. We were fine fortunately . Most of it was west of us. Was incredibly windy though. I don’t think it even rained where I am.

bbak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well got my replacment order today. Thanks adam! But the efflo isn't looking so hot again, the other 2 that came with it look good. Idk if it's somthing on my end and my tank dosnt like efflos, or If just have bad luck?
20240522_173009.jpg

So I may be out of the running, however I'll give it a few days and see what's left. My original one that peeled did so about 99.9 percent. I may still be in with the smallest piece if this single polyp and some flesh manages to continue living!
20240522_173136.jpg

Actually now that I look at the Pic close up I may have 3 polyps!!!

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well got my replacment order today. Thanks adam! But the efflo isn't looking so hot again, the other 2 that came with it look good. Idk if it's somthing on my end and my tank dosnt like efflos, or If just have bad luck?
20240522_173009.jpg

So I may be out of the running, however I'll give it a few days and see what's left. My original one that peeled did so about 99.9 percent. I may still be in with the smallest piece if this single polyp and some flesh manages to continue living!
20240522_173136.jpg

Dang! That’s no fun at all.

bbak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! That’s no fun at all.
I agree, but at least my hodini is doing good, also as long as there's some flesh I'll stay in. I'm just going to wait a few days to see what happens before I take my official pic if that's okay.
I belive I'm just unlucky as everything else is fine, and my water seems good. He had it in a good amount of water and threw some carbon in so idk what the deal is

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
20240522_173009.jpg

20240522_173136.jpg

Son of a! Man that sucks. Was yours in a big bag like this even? I swear I tried as hard as I could to keep these efflos alive in transit.

IMG_1521.jpeg

As much an everyone loves an underdog, that three polyp frag won’t do lol. I’ve got a few more efflos in the reserve.

Can try again next week if you want.

bbak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Son of a! Man that sucks. Was yours in a big bag like this even? I swear I tried as hard as I could to keep these efflos alive in transit.

IMG_1521.jpeg

As much an everyone loves an underdog, that three polyp frag won’t do lol. I’ve got a few more efflos in the reserve.

Can try again next week if you want.
Yup was in a bigger bag with alittle carbon sprinkling. That water was noticeably less brown then before but still kinda had a funk that the others did not, maby an efflo thing, maby cuz it's a large frag. I thought I did an okay job getting it in the tank, I float the bag then get in the tank post haste, I don't dip(I know..it will eventually bit me) but i feel like the less stress the better. It was delivered at 10 am and i belive it was in the tank by 1045. It was in a spot that got like 200par and peak, but did get alot of flow. I'd hate for you to have to keep sending me replacment frags as I know shipping is not cheap. I was pumped for this grow out more so then the others cuz it's an efflo! It's up to you and the guys running it I guess. If you want to send me another, cool I'll try my best to get it in the tank and thriving, if not I totally understand.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup was in a bigger bag with alittle carbon sprinkling. That water was noticeably less brown then before but still kinda had a funk that the others did not, maby an efflo thing, maby cuz it's a large frag. I thought I did an okay job getting it in the tank, I float the bag then get in the tank post haste, I don't dip(I know..it will eventually bit me) but i feel like the less stress the better. It was delivered at 10 am and i belive it was in the tank by 1045. It was in a spot that got like 200par and peak, but did get alot of flow. I'd hate for you to have to keep sending me replacment frags as I know shipping is not cheap. I was pumped for this grow out more so then the others cuz it's an efflo! It's up to you and the guys running it I guess. If you want to send me another, cool I'll try my best to get it in the tank and thriving, if not I totally understand.

As long as reserves are available, I don’t see why not if Adam is good with it. Adam is pretty stand up when it comes to making things right.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • NO

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back