kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunch time...
1000007265.jpg
I didn’t know you had a fresh water tank.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not too bad. i went to pick up my bucket of red sea salt at the lfs and they had ordered in the pro by mistake. so im trying to decide- should i just use it? whats the big diference? i noticed its higher alk but im trying to get that up higher anyway. whats your guys' thoughts?
Red Sea Pro at 1.026
Alk 12
Ca 464
Mg 1390

Red Sea Blue at 1.026
Alk 8
Ca 430
Mg 1310

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like the pro parameters better.
I know that the Mg is closer to where we like it hahah, but I see the Alk very high, also my tank has always gone with Alk about 8 approximately

smitten with ocean life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. maybe ill just give the pro a try. its the same price.
im doing ok. everytime i glance outside or come home or something like that it washes over me again. its my fault. i get too attached to my dogs:pleading-face:. thanks for asking.
hope you are feeling better , amanda!

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im doing ok. everytime i glance outside or come home or something like that it washes over me again. its my fault. i get too attached to my dogs:pleading-face:. thanks for asking.
It’s a tough one, hang in there Jill!

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not your fault accidents happen and dogs were made to teach us what unconditional love really is. And thank you I am feeling better tonight I even cleaned the glass on my sw tank and got out all the dead corals out. I kept hoping they would miraculous come back but they haven't. I'm down to one bubble coral, a couple of mushrooms, my leather, and a pipe organ, a little gsp and some xenia. I did find what I think is a cool yellow/orange little sponge tonight but my lights went out before I could get a picture.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not too bad. i went to pick up my bucket of red sea salt at the lfs and they had ordered in the pro by mistake. so im trying to decide- should i just use it? whats the big diference? i noticed its higher alk but im trying to get that up higher anyway. whats your guys' thoughts?
Hope today you're feeling much better Jill.
I used it for years it's good salt.
Mixes fast and clean.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 freshwater tanks a 125g, a 120g, a 75g, a 55g a 40g, 16g and a 5g. G means gallon but you probably know that. Lol
My bad, I had a busy day. I saw the Taco Bell and assumed it was Luis. Forgive me, I knew you had fresh water tanks. If it makes you feel better I’ll leave this thread for ever.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad, I had a busy day. I saw the Taco Bell and assumed it was Luis. Forgive me, I knew you had fresh water tanks. If it makes you feel better I’ll leave this thread for ever.
Nah you are stuck with us if you leave we will follow...
Stalking George Clooney GIF

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past 8 years I've used 3 salts.
Coral pro, blue bucket and IO.
Honestly, they are all just fine.
I think the red sea is higher quality and my tank always looked more vibrant but maybe I'm imagining things :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I prefer blue bucket but with black, I didn't dose alk so much.
Always trade offs I guess....

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think the reason I got the brown jelly could be because I got the corals from a wholesaler that gets them from lots of places?
Possible but I got it after they had been in the tank for over a year. One little damage to one head introduces it and then it just spreads. After I got it I got all the ingredients for the KFC dip. Since I have it I’ll probably never use it. You learn, prepare and move on. That beautiful tank you have pictured in your head is just around the corner.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible but I got it after they had been in the tank for over a year. One little damage to one head introduces it and then it just spreads. After I got it I got all the ingredients for the KFC dip. Since I have it I’ll probably never use it. You learn, prepare and move on. That beautiful tank you have pictured in your head is just around the corner.
I am not giving up yet. I am hoping that I will never get it again but I am ready now since I have the meds and I have learned and know what to watch for so I can catch it faster if there is a next time.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back