Good morning everyone
20240912_165336.jpg

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions @tbrown and family, if I wanted to move some of the rocks I have in taqu32 to the new tank, how could I do it? What is holding me back now is the rock because I don't know how to do it. I would like to make the aquascape but I wouldn't like to use at least the upper arch that I have now, but it is full of corals and I won't be able to leave it outside for a long time to glue it down. I think the best thing would be to build a new aquascape and then remove the corals and move them to the new tank one by one. Also in the back chambers I must have a lot of bacteria living on the small round rocks that I think could help me with cycling or not?

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions @tbrown and family, if I wanted to move some of the rocks I have in taqu32 to the new tank, how could I do it? What is holding me back now is the rock because I don't know how to do it. I would like to make the aquascape but I wouldn't like to use at least the upper arch that I have now, but it is full of corals and I won't be able to leave it outside for a long time to glue it down. I think the best thing would be to build a new aquascape and then remove the corals and move them to the new tank one by one. Also in the back chambers I must have a lot of bacteria living on the small round rocks that I think could help me with cycling or not?
I’m not sure if I’m answering your question or if this helps but a couple of years ago while fiddling with my tank I knocked the top of my rock scape over. I used epoxy in the tank while in the water to secure it back in place.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if I’m answering your question or if this helps but a couple of years ago while fiddling with my tank I knocked the top of my rock scape over. I used epoxy in the tank while in the water to secure it back in place.
I didn't know epoxy worked in water. Thanks Kev

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my tanks now started about 12 years ago in a 29.
I got my 75, filled it with water, let it clear, got flow going, turned on skimmer, hooked up hob filter just for you know what and giggles and as soon as it was clear, just yanked out the rock in the 29 and dunked it in the 75.
Only issue I had was water all over the floor and getting yelled at for that. ;) :rolleyes:
The fish were easy now.
Drained most of the water out, added it to the 75 and caught the fish.
I lost nothing/no one.
Temp and salinity were almost the same which is really what is most important anyways
I added 20 year old mature rock I got from someone along the way but the whole thing took me about an hour.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@luis angel
All your bacteria is in your rock and some will be in filter material or the like but most is in your rock already.
This brings up a crazy and newbie question here hahah, if I put in new sand, rinse it well and put it in the tank and then put in all my biological filtration plus the rocks (already having all the parameters equal to 32) wouldn't I need to cycle the tank?

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This brings up a crazy and newbie question here hahah, if I put in new sand, rinse it well and put it in the tank and then put in all my biological filtration plus the rocks (already having all the parameters equal to 32) wouldn't I need to cycle the tank?
No.
Bacteria is already there.
You might get little blooms of stuff but I never went through any stages.
All you are doing is using the same stuff just now bigger.
Make sense?

smitten with ocean life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning. amanda, i mustve missed the part that you lost coral to bjd. terrible! what all did you learn that you can pass on to me? i have something going on. lost a hammer a couple torches and now my frogspawn is having issues. my sbb order comes today and im kinda worried. dont want anything else dying! :confounded-face:

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning. amanda, i mustve missed the part that you lost coral to bjd. terrible! what all did you learn that you can pass on to me? i have something going on. lost a hammer a couple torches and now my frogspawn is having issues. my sbb order comes today and im kinda worried. dont want anything else dying! :confounded-face:
I think one of the lessons was that, not to let too much time pass, at the first sign of something wrong you have to act because if not it can move from one coral to another.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That if they aren't fully extended and you see the skin receding it's a sign something is wrong.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back