00W's AIO Smorgasbord

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Couple questions @tbrown and family, if I wanted to move some of the rocks I have in taqu32 to the new tank, how could I do it? What is holding me back now is the rock because I don't know how to do it. I would like to make the aquascape but I wouldn't like to use at least the upper arch that I have now, but it is full of corals and I won't be able to leave it outside for a long time to glue it down. I think the best thing would be to build a new aquascape and then remove the corals and move them to the new tank one by one. Also in the back chambers I must have a lot of bacteria living on the small round rocks that I think could help me with cycling or not?
Definitely good questions. Every porous material in the old tank has the bacteria on it already. Moving rock over is easy. I would take it out, cover it with water from the existing tank, drip it from the new tank, place it in the tank.

If you move it with corals, be prepared for some loss (won't necessarily lose any). If you want to remove the corals, you can do that as well.

My rocks are strategically placed so as not to glue anything.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had to leave to go to the garage. I was gone for maybe 5 minutes. Came back to the TV remote destroyed, batteries gone. We have a metal detector so we scanned them, Teddy was the only one who had it go off. They took him right in and since we are sure he has them in him they are going to try to make him vomit them out. I will keep yall updated.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had to leave to go to the garage. I was gone for maybe 5 minutes. Came back to the TV remote destroyed, batteries gone. We have a metal detector so we scanned them, Teddy was the only one who had it go off. They took him right in and since we are sure he has them in him they are going to try to make him vomit them out. I will keep yall updated.
Oh Walker.
My goodness.....
Keep us updated.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thankfully no batteries. Must've been the microchip that triggered the metal detector. But now that leaves Goldie........
It's a good thing Teddy doesn't have anything, the batteries will be on the sides of the sofa hopefully

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good thing Teddy doesn't have anything, the batteries will be on the sides of the sofa hopefully
Hopefully. We've torn down the house and found nothing. The emergency vet said we could give Goldie 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and let her run around to get her to throw up. I guess we'll try that but I'm a bit nervous.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully. We've torn down the house and found nothing. The emergency vet said we could give Goldie 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and let her run around to get her to throw up. I guess we'll try that but I'm a bit nervous.
If they were energizer batteries it should be no problem to get her to run around, ok sorry. I can’t imagine that if your metal detector could pick up a tiny microchip it wouldn’t have picked up the batteries in Goldie. My bet is they rolled no where near where you found the remote and are under something much farther away.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the dogs we have now ate a bottle of thyroid medication we thought.
I put him in the car in a blizzard and did doughnuts around the neighborhood.
Hard to get them to barf when you want them too.
He finally did.
When I got home my wife said she counted all the pills.
They were all there in the carpet.
Stupid dog just ate the pill bottle.
Must have tasted better. ;)
You'll find em Walker.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we found one battery so far. We got Goldie to throw up but no batteries, so either she doesn't have then in her or they have gone past her stomach. I think we have to take her.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 40 35.4%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back