*** 10 WINNERS!! WIN a BRAND NEW Natura iCon Reef Light in The Amazing Orphek Giveaway!! $8,000+ in Prizes!! ***

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned an Atlantik icon for a year and love the output, coverage (full on a 4 foot tank), adjustability, moon phases, and app connectivity. Never a glitch-something I can’t say about most of the reefer products.

Also I’ve been telling others on r2r about the fantastic product, so you should send me one for all the free advertising.

fishdadbod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Answer to the question of the day. My t5 was probably the best I ever had. Only challenge was replacing the bulbs. Gen 1 Atlantik was a nightmare to program. Icon has been pretty easy as long as you follow the Helios program.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: What challenges have you faced with previous reef lighting systems?
Lack of proper spectrum, colors not blending leaving dots of white or red/ green in spots, incorrect par numbers by manufacturer and mounting options.

I’ve noticed on some, they won’t come with a hanging kit or any way to mount them to the aquarium. Some companies will give pat numbers but won’t tell you those are in dry tanks. The whites and blues not blending and causing disco ball effect instead of “shimmer”. I’d gladly give up shimmer to have my lights blend more naturally, as it seems the dual chips accomplish. I also really like that there’s a hanging kit. Light fixture also seems to be light enough I don’t have to worry about bringing my ceiling down. I have a mobile home and we all know how those ceilings can be lol.

tharbin

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: What challenges have you faced with previous reef lighting systems?
Lots, especially early on. Getting enough light to fit over a tank was the first hurdle, had 4 T12 VHOs and 2 T12 Actinics over a 55. Then switched to 2 250watt MH with the 2 actinics, then dealt with heat,,,

Tried PCs when they came out but never got around to T5s, probably would have been a sweeet spot. Tried all kinds of lights over the years but never got what I was looking for. Lots and lots of DIY fixtures that looked horrible but kind of worked.

When I started back up went LED with AI Prime 16HDs, they're okay. Adding the Blades helps a lot but still not really happy.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a big one with me. back in 1989-90 I tried my hand at saltwater reefing. Had no problems with fish and inverts, the problem was corals slowly dying. My parameters were good to what I tested, the problem appeared to be my lighting. Based on the knowledge I have at my hands now, I was starving my corals with low PAR. Not happening this time around.

fishface NJ

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have only owned my current setup which is TEK T5 with 2 Orphek bars. The bars are plug and play. I have been afraid to move to LED.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with the Fluval Marine 3.0, which is the supplied light with the Fluval Flex. It was way under powered. I added a second, which did help with the par a bit, but nothing could help the poor coloration and the lights did not dissipate heat well and that cause the plastic lid to warp.

The Orphek OR3 light bars were a big improvement and I have high hopes for Orphek’s next generation lights.

mayland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry - I wan to win the Orphek Natura reef light because it simulates nature better than any other light and should help my corals grow better!

mayland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1723241343219.png

Bonus entry one - I'm convinced that this hammer coral would love to be lit under the new Orphek Natura reef light as it is currently struggling to color up.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back