OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this size tank does anyone know what basslet would be best in addition to the royal gramma? I like swalesi, yellow and/or Randall’s assessor, and chalk bass especially in group. Or none, just the royal gramma for basslets.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, keeping in mind I’d like to have some fish on the size of a firefish, so hopefully sticking to more peaceful side on the biggest fish I add. If possible. I heard purples can get aggressive in general. Which is why I haven’t mentioned them. Didn’t know the powder blues were mean as well.
Oh yeah pass on the purple then!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I see most list the Goldflake at 125 gal min but the majestic sometimes listed above this maybe Goldflake is slightly better option? Or maybe just stick with only regal as large one.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which type of foxface? Maybe I do a foxface instead of a second tang
Yeah they are chill! Forgot I had one in my 125. My magnificent! Added a bi color with him recently, love the coloring on both!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be dumb to include goby like clown goby, rainford goby, hectors goby, Sharknose cleaner goby? And pink streak and possum wrasse I mentioned before in the another thread? Too small and will get picked on? Or fine and might just not see them often.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be dumb to include goby like clown goby, rainford goby, hectors goby, Sharknose cleaner goby? And pink streak and possum wrasse I mentioned before in the another thread? Too small and will get picked on? Or fine and might just not see them often.
Hard to say, I typically dont keep small fish like that! My nano consists of 3 mollies, clowns, cardinal, dottyback, blenny, and a dart zebra goby!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, I typically dont keep small fish like that! My nano consists of 3 mollies, clowns, cardinal, dottyback, blenny, and a dart zebra goby!
No problem maybe others have some thoughts in the morning pretty late here on the east coast anyway.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem maybe others have some thoughts in the morning pretty late here on the east coast anyway.
Lol Im a first responder I work late and never realize how late it is for normal people!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol Im a first responder I work late and never realize how late it is for normal people!
Haha I checked saw you’re in Denver so at least you’re behind a little in time zones but yeah pretty late. However the us open is still on which means I’m still awake. Thanks for all your help so far

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be considering Chromis or not the right tank size for a small group?

They don’t often actually school in our tanks and often carry uronema. Sometimes they kill each other. I wouldn’t bother with them personally. Especially since you want fish like butterflies (which also are more prone to urenoma).

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Depends on your other fish.

My small fish do not get picked on at all. My pink streak is out all day long front and center.

Stay away from jerk fish and they should be out and about.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for more angels, don’t forget the Genicanthus angels. The female Bella is gorgeous imo and they can be kept in M/F pairs if that interests you.

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love tusks, they can eat small fish though. And will eat your clean up crew! Same with triggers. Triggers
Yeah if I did a tusk I’d have no small fish or maybe one firefish and risk it, could leave the pink streak wrasse and tiny gobies off in exchange for a tusk. Such a magnificent fish. See most say 125 gal min but some 150+. I guess each fish can grow to a different max size that impacts that.

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your other fish.

My small fish do not get picked on at all. My pink streak is out all day long front and center.

Stay away from jerk fish and they should be out and about.
Gotcha yes so I’m either going to stick with the more peaceful bigger fish so I can keep some smaller fish, or maybe go with a tusk in the tank and not do any small fish like I just posted

TOP 10 Trending Threads

BATTLE OF THE INVERTS: STARFISH OR SEA URCHINS? SHARE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE INVERTS!

• Starfish!

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Sea Urchins!

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • There is no way I can choose...

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other (please explain!).

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back