75g 4’ FOWLR stocking

Toolfan333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m thinking about doing a 75 FOWLR after the first of the year. So I’m looking for some ideas. I’ll list some fish I like, but I’m open to suggestions as well. I’m not looking to get all of these, but maybe you guys can give suggestions based on these or give me a good combo.
Maroon clown
Picasso trigger
Strawberry/orchid dortyback
Bicolor angel
Flame angel
Coral beauty angel
Lawnmower blennie
Various types of blue damsels
Dwarf lions
Some type of eel
Smaller tangs like kole’s
Maybe a type of butteryfly or fox face
Royal gramma
Blue spotted puffer
Lunar wrasse or blue headed wrasse
I’m also open to alternatives for fish that are too big or incompatible, like a blue face tilefish in place of a blue headed wrasse maybe?
I don’t mind maintenance, but my system is gonna be low tech, just lights, heater and an FX2 with chemipure blue, and a wave maker and I’m planning on 40lb LR and 4” of Argonite sand and planning on 30% WC weekly to bi weekly
I have moderate experience with salt and I have a nano reef ATM, but I’m much more of a freshwater guy (mostly rift cichlids and monsterfish) if that plays into this at all

Thanks for any suggestions!

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the 75g I wouldnt do the tang, foxface or trigger, just not good for the size. A combo of the others would be okay (certainly not all lol)

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon and a Picasso trigger in there will tear everything up. I have had Picasso attack me in hawaii snorkeling with them. The maroon will think that whole 75 is his.

I would say something like

Any 1 of the angels you like
Perc clown
Snowflake eel set ( some pvc piping along back behind rock workl
Dwarf lion
Some kind of damsel
Maybe a bristle tooth tang
Royal gramma
Add a blennie after tank matures a bit and you get some algae. Lawnmower will only eat algae off rocks

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you sold on a 75?
For another foot of width you could put some of the real standout FOWLR fish in there that a 4ft won’t suffice

OP
OP
Toolfan333

Toolfan333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon and a Picasso trigger in there will tear everything up. I have had Picasso attack me in hawaii snorkeling with them. The maroon will think that whole 75 is his.

I would say something like

Any 1 of the angels you like
Perc clown
Snowflake eel set ( some pvc piping along back behind rock workl
Dwarf lion
Some kind of damsel
Maybe a bristle tooth tang
Royal gramma
Add a blennie after tank matures a bit and you get some algae. Lawnmower will only eat algae off rocks
Ok so no trigger or maroon then, I already have enough freshwater wet pets lol

I like this list but wouldn’t the gramma, damsels and perc get eaten by the eel or lion?

OP
OP
Toolfan333

Toolfan333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sold on a 75?
For another foot of width you could put some of the real standout FOWLR fish in there that a 4ft won’t suffice
I wish I could but I’m using a tank I already have that’s currently a tanganyikan setup and I don’t have the room with my other tanks in the room

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 42 40.0%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No.

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back