Ai prime 16hd, green LED staying on all the time

ZacharyLalonde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new here! Started my first saltwated aquarium about a month ago. New to saltwater but been in hobby(freshwater) for about 3 years. I bought a used prime 16hd light 2 days ago and everything seems to work well exept that the green LED stays on all the time. Every other channel follows schedule and responds when I slide the settings but the green stays on. Even when I press the turn all lights off(for 1 min for example). Everything turns off but the green. Also, the indicator light on top of the fixture isnt working. I tried a factory reset, no luck. Ive been looking online a lot but no one else seem to have had that problem. My question: if I open up the light and break the green LED, or cut its wire, would the rest of the light still worl or that could make a short circuit? Any thoughts on what I should do? I dont care if the green LED wouldnt work but I can't have it ON all the time. Thanks guys!

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new here! Started my first saltwated aquarium about a month ago. New to saltwater but been in hobby(freshwater) for about 3 years. I bought a used prime 16hd light 2 days ago and everything seems to work well exept that the green LED stays on all the time. Every other channel follows schedule and responds when I slide the settings but the green stays on. Even when I press the turn all lights off(for 1 min for example). Everything turns off but the green. Also, the indicator light on top of the fixture isnt working. I tried a factory reset, no luck. Ive been looking online a lot but no one else seem to have had that problem. My question: if I open up the light and break the green LED, or cut its wire, would the rest of the light still worl or that could make a short circuit? Any thoughts on what I should do? I dont care if the green LED wouldnt work but I can't have it ON all the time. Thanks guys!
Send it to @_AV

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back