dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
74059642738__711E5640-52F5-40B9-A41E-B749B8B1D88D.jpeg

One of my favorite fish on planet earth is on its way from LA…

Thanks Aaron D for hooking this up, Matthew R for the fish and Joseph C and the crew at Unique Corals for helping to relocate him to Utah!!

SUPER STOKED!!

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an incredible build! Thank you for sharing it with us. My wife and I will be starting a new home build in the next 6-12 months and I’m ideating/dreaming of a very large built-in like this. I figure it would make things easier and potentially cheaper to work my build into the initial home design and work with the home architect and builders to get it done, rather than doing it after the house is built. Do you mind sharing an approximate ballpark number of what this build cost you, not including livestock? You can PM me if you prefer to be modest in public. Thanks again and great work!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an incredible build! Thank you for sharing it with us. My wife and I will be starting a new home build in the next 6-12 months and I’m ideating/dreaming of a very large built-in like this. I figure it would make things easier and potentially cheaper to work my build into the initial home design and work with the home architect and builders to get it done, rather than doing it after the house is built. Do you mind sharing an approximate ballpark number of what this build cost you, not including livestock? You can PM me if you prefer to be modest in public. Thanks again and great work!
Thanks for checking it out!

I would highly recommend building it into the design from the beginning. That makes it way easier without doubling up work and a whole bunch of other things. ;)

I had to work with higher materials costs because of our current inflation. I did everything DIY so that saved me a ton of money. I kept all receipts in a folder but have not gone back and added them up. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Building this DIY two years ago, my best ballpark guess on just materials at the time, would be a used 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S.

LOL!

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking it out!

I would highly recommend building it into the design from the beginning. That makes it way easier without doubling up work and a whole bunch of other things. ;)

I had to work with higher materials costs because of our current inflation. I did everything DIY so that saved me a ton of money. I kept all receipts in a folder but have not gone back and added them up. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Building this DIY two years ago, my best ballpark guess on just materials at the time, would be a used 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S.

LOL!
Thank you! Not actually as terribly expensive as I imagined. Funny, the car you mentioned is on my wish list as well, but my wife will make me choose one or the other for now…

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 10.0%
Back